West Carter 71 Robertson County 63 (OT)

I am very glad they made arrangements to play the Class A tournament.  I understand going to various sites to play the games.  Now, first question is could they not have gotten officials from out of region to call the games?  It is not that far for officials to come from Lexington to do those games.  Then secondly, the same crew called both games in a State Tournament.  At least, could they not bring in a second crew?  Please remember, I have no dog in the fight.

9 hours ago, sumoroyal said:

Now, first question is could they not have gotten officials from out of region to call the games?  It is not that far for officials to come from Lexington to do those games.  Then secondly, the same crew called both games in a State Tournament.  At least, could they not bring in a second crew?  Please remember, I have no dog in the fight.

I had wondered how this was being done. Seems like a reasonable solution in the first round would have been 1 referee from the host school's region and 2 referees from the visiting school's region. In the second round, perhaps 3 referees from the region in between the two participating schools.

I too was surprised that the same crew did both games.

I/We had no issues with the officials in the girls game and I only stayed for a quarter of the boys game.

The only grossly bad foul call in the boys game that I saw benefitted Justin Becker from Robertson County

I also thought the Brossart boys got a fair shake in our game with Lewis County in Vanceburg. 

• Like 2