Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 76 Perry County Central 44

Featured Replies

  • Author

Much better showing for the Royals tonight. Either there's a lot of distance between JBS and PCC or Mason County got their legs back. Probably a combination of both, althogh it looks like JBS may have separated themselves from the rest of the region with their impressive showing last night.

 

Mason County led by Trevor Setty's career-high 18 (all in the first 3 quarters), Russ Middleton bounces back from an off game with 12, Tony Browning off the bench with 10 and Darius Miller with 9. Lots of opportunities for the bench to play tonight; I believe 31 points came from the bench including Browning, Ethan King with 7, Keith Downing with 5 and Nathan Stahl with 4.

 

PCC led by Brashear with 13, Kelly and Bailey with 9 each.

 

Mason County shot 28-51 from the field, PCC 14-41; free throws Mason 12-14, PCC 14-21. Rebounds go the Royals' way 33-23. Coach O'Hearn gave a lot of credit to the defense tonight, especially moving PCC's big guys away from the low block.

 

West Union (OH) in the Fieldhouse on Tuesday, Coach said in the postgame interview that this is West Union's best team in 20 years. Then on to the 5/3. We Royals fans hope for a much better showing in the 5/3 opener this year; as I recall last year Pulaski SW made the Royals look pretty bad.

Much better showing for the Royals tonight. Either there's a lot of distance between JBS and PCC or Mason County got their legs back. Probably a combination of both, althogh it looks like JBS may have separated themselves from the rest of the region with their impressive showing last night.

 

Mason County led by Trevor Setty's career-high 18 (all in the first 3 quarters), Russ Middleton bounces back from an off game with 12, Tony Browning off the bench with 10 and Darius Miller with 9. Lots of opportunities for the bench to play tonight; I believe 31 points came from the bench including Browning, Ethan King with 7, Keith Downing with 5 and Nathan Stahl with 4.

 

PCC led by Brashear with 13, Kelly and Bailey with 9 each.

 

Mason County shot 28-51 from the field, PCC 14-41; free throws Mason 12-14, PCC 14-21. Rebounds go the Royals' way 33-23. Coach O'Hearn gave a lot of credit to the defense tonight, especially moving PCC's big guys away from the low block.

 

West Union (OH) in the Fieldhouse on Tuesday, Coach said in the postgame interview that this is West Union's best team in 20 years. Then on to the 5/3. We Royals fans hope for a much better showing in the 5/3 opener this year; as I recall last year Pulaski SW made the Royals look pretty bad.

 

I beleive there is a big difference in JBS & PCC. JBS & Hazard are by thereselves at the top 2 positions in the 14th. The rest are a little ways behind both.

Good Lord!

I figured Mason County would win.

But not like this.:eek:

The 14th is now basicly between two teams....June Buchanan and Hazard. That's it, imo. That's the way it's shaping up.

Best wishes for future success to June Buchanan. How long will it be before JBS's neighbors start whining to KHSAA?

The 14th is now basicly between two teams....June Buchanan and Hazard. That's it, imo. That's the way it's shaping up.

:thumb: :thumb:

Good win Royals.

I agree with the Professor, JBS and Hazard are pulling away from the pack in the 14th.

I still think that Perry county central still has a chance to be number 2 in the region. Hazard only beat Pcc by 9. It sounds like Mason played a better game tonight than last night. I think the Pcc and June Buchanan will be much closer than tonights game against Mason.

I wouldn't count Perry Central out just yet. I've heard that they couldn't have played any worse.

I wouldn't count Perry Central out just yet. I've heard that they couldn't have played any worse.

 

They played bad because Mason forced them to.

 

I didn't get a chance to see the exact numbers, but Miller had to have at least 10 assists. He was really making it happpen for his teammates.

 

And I have a hard time believing JBS is 30 points better than PCC. I'm going to stick to my earlier contention that Mason simply overlooked them.

They played bad because Mason forced them to.

 

I didn't get a chance to see the exact numbers, but Miller had to have at least 10 assists. He was really making it happpen for his teammates.

 

And I have a hard time believing JBS is 30 points better than PCC. I'm going to stick to my earlier contention that Mason simply overlooked them.

 

There is a good chance June Buchanan will make the All A and Sweet 16 tourneys this year so maybe you can go watch them play and make an educated response rather than just your guess.

There is a good chance June Buchanan will make the All A and Sweet 16 tourneys this year so maybe you can go watch them play and make an educated response rather than just your guess.

 

OK then, I'll bite. Do you think JBS is a top-10 team in the state? Because I doubt you'd find anyone who'd say Mason isn't.

 

And I saw JBS last year and have a pretty good feel for what they are about this year, so spare me your insults of my intelligence.

They played bad because Mason forced them to.

 

I didn't get a chance to see the exact numbers, but Miller had to have at least 10 assists. He was really making it happpen for his teammates.

 

And I have a hard time believing JBS is 30 points better than PCC. I'm going to stick to my earlier contention that Mason simply overlooked them.

 

JBS beat 5 teams that were the Lexington Herald preseason top 25 this summer. They went 22-3 this summer playing mostly 4a schools. Their only losses were to Scott CO (2 times) once by 7 and once by alot, and also to a West Virginia State Champion School in a close one.: You will probably watch them play soon in the All A State Tourney where I think they have a good shot to win the whole thing.IMO

OK then, I'll bite. Do you think JBS is a top-10 team in the state? Because I doubt you'd find anyone who'd say Mason isn't.

 

And I saw JBS last year and have a pretty good feel for what they are about this year, so spare me your insults of my intelligence.

Jim, I think June Buchanan is a much better team than you're giving them credit for. I don't think Mason County overlooked them, not with what they accomplished this summer in state AAU play, and I don't think the game at Perry Central was a fluke. I do think Mason is the better team though, in the range a 10 point spread.

JMHO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.