Matthew Stafford traded to Rams

Rams will save $10,000,000 over the next two years on salary cap paying Stafford vs Goff and are our from under Goff's 4 year deal that would have cost them around $100,000,000 total with guaranteed money.

It was a steep price, I'd have preferred Goff, 1 first and 1 third...but probably good to get him before bidding got out of hand.

In my opinion this is a really nice upgrade for the Rams, as Goff has turned into a check down first QB and would rarely throw the ball downfield more than a 10 to 15 yard route.

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

ESPN's Total QBR has him at 15. If Detroit can get that for Stafford, the Texans might get a Herschel Walker mother lode for Deshaun Watson.

Maybe, but getting Stafford at a reasonable price probably cost them one of those picks. Watson's contract is not as team friendly for whoever trades for him. 

21 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is Stafford a top 10 QB? Where would you rank him?

I'd think he might be borderline with some actual weapons.  I don't know the contracts of guys like Woods, Kupp and Higbee.  But I'd be willing to bet that he has a top ten season in 2021-2022, if healthy with those weapons, a solid RB in Akers and I assume the defense will be solid.

I'd be pretty please if I'm Stafford.  At least in regards to the team around him.

• Like 1