Owensboro 28 Frederick Douglass 27

16thBBall Fan

GREAT Win Red Devils!  I don't want to be that guy.  But I did pick the final score.

I really thought O could and would win.  When they play at Rash Stadium they are are more focused to me.  This game reminded me of the 2013 BG vs John Hardin game where BG came out first; JHardin came back and took a 1 point lead prior to Devin Hayes and co prevailing at the end.  That game was in the semifinals too!

Owensboro with a ton of weapons!  And a good bend but don't break defense.  Next week is going to be great!  I can't get them to schedule each other anymore so we will just play in the finals!!!!

And Great season Frederick Douglass!  You had a great team!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

owensboro is really good and I am glad they won!

I will make some enemies with the following comment and I accept that.

Frederick Douglass is disappointing. The way I see it is Lexington was not happy they didnt have a big school contender. Insert FD. They have an influx of really good talent from the Lexington area. They are really talented and the rest of the Lexington public schools really suffer, especially last year. The stereotype of Lexington public schools is all flash and no discipline and grit. So FD has a ton of talent in the first year or two but realizes quickly they cant compete with Trinity, St. X, or Male. Somehow they bump down to 5A while the other Lex schools are 6A. They have as much if not more talent than anybody in the state but still don't win when it counts. Will they continue to drop down classes? I was very proud of Bryan Station and Dunbar this year! Hopefully Henry Clay, Lafayette and Tates Creek bounce back. I am glad we have Owensboro and Bowling Green in the fianls.

• Like 4