Lloyd at Beechwood Predictions/Updates (2A Playoffs)

BWTigers

Lloyd vs #2 Beechwood  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• Lloyd
    • Beechwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2020 at 11:30 PM

Lloyd Juggernauts travel to 2A #2 Beechwood Tigers after taking down Newport 20-13 in the 1st round. Beechwood rolled 49-0 in the first matchup this year. Can Lloyd find a way to keep this game closer or does Beechwood roll into the 3rd round? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

Lloyd Juggernauts travel to 2A #2 Beechwood Tigers after taking down Newport 20-13 in the 1st round. Beechwood rolled 49-0 in the first matchup this year. Can Lloyd find a way to keep this game closer or does Beechwood roll into the 3rd round? 

If the Tigers win who would they play in the 3rd round? 

8 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

If the Tigers win who would they play in the 3rd round? 

The 3rd round is based on RPI so it would depend on who wins in District 5, District 7, and District 8.

District 5 is Walton-Verona (RPI: .49113) vs Carroll County (RPI: .45980)

District 6 is Beechwood (RPI: .67171) vs Lloyd (RPI: .50354)

District 7 is Breathitt County (RPI: .58646)vs Leslie County (RPI: .47617)

District 8 is West Carter (RPI: .6842) vs Shelby Valley (RPI: .58927)

If chalk prevails it will be Walton-Verona at West Carter and Breathitt County at Beechwood. You never know till the games are played though.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

The 3rd round is based on RPI so it would depend on who wins in District 5, District 7, and District 8.

District 5 is Walton-Verona (RPI: .49113) vs Carroll County (RPI: .45980)

District 6 is Beechwood (RPI: .67171) vs Lloyd (RPI: .50354)

District 7 is Breathitt County (RPI: .58646)vs Leslie County (RPI: .47617)

District 8 is West Carter (RPI: .6842) vs Shelby Valley (RPI: .58927)

If chalk prevails it will be Walton-Verona at West Carter and Breathitt County at Beechwood. You never know till the games are played though.

That’s crazy that those two teams would have to travel that far when Walton is close to Ft Mitchell and Breathitt County is close to West Carter. 

Just now, Jason Bucklen said:

That’s crazy that those two teams would have to travel that far when Walton is close to Ft Mitchell and Breathitt County is close to West Carter. 

Yea the RPI creates some odd matchups sometimes. I like the system just don’t like the calculations to get the final numbers. Beechwood went into the final week of the regular season with the 2nd highest RPI in 2A. When all was said and done that night Beechwood dropped from #2 to #4 in 2A but sadly wasn’t because other teams behind them won (None of the top 5 or 6 teams in 2A played that week). It was because Beechwood’s previous opponents had games and lost (NCC and CCH). If chalk goes all the way out they will play LCA in the Semi-Finals.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BWTigers said:

Yea the RPI creates some odd matchups sometimes. I like the system just don’t like the calculations to get the final numbers. Beechwood went into the final week of the regular season with the 2nd highest RPI in 2A. When all was said and done that night Beechwood dropped from #2 to #4 in 2A but sadly wasn’t because other teams behind them won (None of the top 5 or 6 teams in 2A played that week). It was because Beechwood’s previous opponents had games and lost (NCC and CCH). If chalk goes all the way out they will play LCA in the Semi-Finals.

So as a tiger fan you’re hoping Walton beats West Carter, and if that does happen do they still play LCA or somebody else? 

Just now, ImJustHere said:

So as a tiger fan you’re hoping Walton beats West Carter, and if that does happen do they still play LCA or somebody else? 

No they will travel to Mayfield which is not a great place to travel to. Beechwood would need several upsets to be able to host a Semi-Final. 

I was looking at the stats of the Lloyd vs Newport game. Lloyd’s QB went 1-2 for 12 yards. They racked up 292 yards on the ground. One thing I know won’t happen in the game is Beechwood won’t allow that many yards on the ground. Lloyd will need to find a way to move the ball through the air to keep this close. 

41 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

No they will travel to Mayfield which is not a great place to travel to. Beechwood would need several upsets to be able to host a Semi-Final. 

46 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

I’m not a fan of the RPI. I like the old way where you switched every year hosting. 

I applaud Lloyd for their grittiness and determination this season and pulling out a win over a team I thought was much better in Newport...and doing it without the services of several top players. That last drive and the previous drive that resulted in the game winning TD - for those of you that may not have seen it - were both masterful strokes of art by Kyle Niederman, his staff and those kids. 

That said, the Juggs season will come to a quick ending Friday night. I was stunned at the sizable difference between Beechwood and Lloyd in the regular season matchup. We'll see that difference once again on Friday night. As a wise posted said above, if you can't move the ball through the air against Beechwood, it's going to be a long night. 

My prediction - Tigers 53, Lloyd 6

Also, regarding RPI, as much as I want to hate the RPI for some of the stuff this year, I prefer it to the old system. Ultimately, I like that the better/higher ranked teams get to host in rounds 3 and 4. 

• Like 1