Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Schools already putting season on delay

Featured Replies

Several schools are already putting a hold on games. I think the KHSAA has a meeting this Thursday that will tell if we have a season this year.

I completely understand attendance restrictions in basketball gyms, and out of state travel restrictions for tournaments.  However, I'll be very disappointed in the KHSAA simply cancels the season.  I don't believe the virus poses a greater risk to these athletes, than the risks of not playing.  These athletes need to exercise, run, jump, compete, experience teamwork, etc.  Let's join with Indiana to our north, and Tennessee to our south to offer sound guidance to the teams, while playing safely.  

3 hours ago, Yadi1957 said:

Several schools are already putting a hold on games. I think the KHSAA has a meeting this Thursday that will tell if we have a season this year.

I think they will have a season but I could see them pushing it back to spring since vaccine most likely coming.

12 hours ago, Yadi1957 said:

Several schools are already putting a hold on games. I think the KHSAA has a meeting this Thursday that will tell if we have a season this year.

What schools are back pedaling?

I understand Boone County schools can not play until December 7th as of now, there will be a lot of rescheduling this year for sure. 

Hopkins County and Boone County have already delayed winter sports.

Fayette County shuts down sports and will reevaluate week of 11/30. Only exception was for football teams in playoffs.

I honestly think the KHSAA is going to keep delaying until Beshear steps in and makes the unpopular call. KHSAA already takes enough heat. They don’t want to be the perceived bad guy. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.