Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps get-together?

Featured Replies

Everyone...

Let's be optimistic.   What do you say about putting together a BGP get-together right after the basketball season ends and (hopefully) things get closer to "normal"?

I've enjoyed BGPreps over the years, but I've only gotten to meet a few of you.   A few have been kind enough to come up to me at my broadcasts and introduce themselves, and I've been thrilled to meet every one of you - but there's still so many folks I've not gotten a chance to get to know personally.

What do you say, 'Ru?   Thoughts?  Doesn't have to be anything formal....

CM

6 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

Everyone...

Let's be optimistic.   What do you say about putting together a BGP get-together right after the basketball season ends and (hopefully) things get closer to "normal"?

I've enjoyed BGPreps over the years, but I've only gotten to meet a few of you.   A few have been kind enough to come up to me at my broadcasts and introduce themselves, and I've been thrilled to meet every one of you - but there's still so many folks I've not gotten a chance to get to know personally.

What do you say, 'Ru?   Thoughts?  Doesn't have to be anything formal....

CM

I would say we are too spread out and too few.

We have had several in the past and after the first one @Mr.Network put on they have been small crowds. 

  • Author

Doesn't have to be big multitudes....I'd love to see a "crowd" of a dozen.....not a big deal....just a thought for the masses to chew on.....

11 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

Doesn't have to be big multitudes....I'd love to see a "crowd" of a dozen.....not a big deal....just a thought for the masses to chew on.....

I’ve been to a couple, but it’s probably been 4 or 5 years since one was organized. Both had crowds of 10-12 or so. And thinking about it, only a couple from those get together are still active. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I’ve been to a couple, but it’s probably been 4 or 5 years since one was organized. Both had crowds of 10-12 or so. And thinking about it, only a couple from those get together are still active. 

I know!   And that's kind of my motivation....I've started noticing that many of the frequent posters from when I joined this site aren't around anymore....

I'd love to meet Dragonfire, Ram, Ru, jumperdad, ConverseAllstar, Colonels Wear Blue, TigerPride, Voice of Reason, 16thbasketballfan, 4 Quarters, Hoop Junkie, Jack of All Trades, gchs_uk9, The Professor, purple88, mcpapa, and so many others I've gotten to know online, but who I haven't had the opportunity to meet in person.  (sorry - I know I'm leaving off so many names, from Bowling Green to Ashland....)    

It's been great to get to know the ones I have had the opportunity to know in person.

Maybe it's because I regret not having met a couple of those folks who have moved on - or even passed on - or maybe it's because I turn 59 in January and am starting to feel the effects of "things I haven't done."   I don't know.

Is there any support out there for a quick get together after basketball season ends - when things might be a little more "normal" and a get-together of over 10 people might not be so frowned upon?  

CM

On 11/12/2020 at 9:11 PM, theguru said:

I would say we are too spread out and too few.

We have had several in the past and after the first one @Mr.Network put on they have been small crowds. 

That was fun, Guru. Time is flying......that was about 2005. 

20 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

 

I'd love to meet Dragonfire, Ram, Ru, jumperdad, ConverseAllstar, Colonels Wear Blue, TigerPride, Voice of Reason, 16thbasketballfan, 4 Quarters, Hoop Junkie, Jack of All Trades, gchs_uk9, The Professor, purple88, mcpapa, and so many others I've gotten to know online, but who I haven't had the opportunity to meet in person. 

:classic_sad:

  • Author
43 minutes ago, PP1 said:

:classic_sad:

LOL.....PP1, I did say I knew I was leaving a lot of folks off my list!    Didn't mean to forget you!  

?

21 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

I know!   And that's kind of my motivation....I've started noticing that many of the frequent posters from when I joined this site aren't around anymore....

I'd love to meet Dragonfire, Ram, Ru, jumperdad, ConverseAllstar, Colonels Wear Blue, TigerPride, Voice of Reason, 16thbasketballfan, 4 Quarters, Hoop Junkie, Jack of All Trades, gchs_uk9, The Professor, purple88, mcpapa, and so many others I've gotten to know online, but who I haven't had the opportunity to meet in person.  (sorry - I know I'm leaving off so many names, from Bowling Green to Ashland....)    

It's been great to get to know the ones I have had the opportunity to know in person.

Maybe it's because I regret not having met a couple of those folks who have moved on - or even passed on - or maybe it's because I turn 59 in January and am starting to feel the effects of "things I haven't done."   I don't know.

Is there any support out there for a quick get together after basketball season ends - when things might be a little more "normal" and a get-together of over 10 people might not be so frowned upon?  

CM

If the season is played this year and they let fans in, I will make a strong effort to bump into you at some point.  I'll vote for the get together after the season.  On closing, I really like  OC in the 8th this year.

  • Author

Please do, 4 Quarters!   If I'm busy and can't talk, at least make sure I see you and leave me a note.    

But I'd love to chat for a bit.   I typically go on air 30 minutes prior to the varsity tip.   Post-game lasts maybe 15 minutes; 20 if the coach comes up for a post-game interview.

I'm working on the 8th Region preview now....   ?

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.