Meade County 20 South Oldham 17

theguru

J J Robinson's ability to adjust to some poorly-thrown passes was the key to the game.   Made two incredible catches on the game-winning drive that 90% of receivers wouldn't have made....had three total catches on that drive.   Meade didn't really throw that much, but was remarkably successful when they did pass.

JJ Richardson 🙂

Yeah he kinda took over that last drive. I was very proud of him. I wish we threw it a little more. 

South Oldham looks to be a very well coached team. They run all their sets perfect. 

That was a fun game  Both sides have it everything.

Have to give the Meade County defense huge props on this game.   Meade surrendered (unofficially) 196 yards rushing - very nearly the fourth time this year the Green Wave gave up 200 yards or more rushing - but the key was the Green Wave defensive effort in the second half.   After South rushed for 147 yards in the first half, seemingly on their way to a monster rushing effort, the Green Wave held them to just 49 yards of rushing offense in the second half.  

After four runs of 10 yards or more in the first half, South managed no runs of 10 yards or more in the second half.

CM

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KyPreps1965 said:

Crazy, because I don't think that was one of Meade's strengths? 

Recent QB change. JJRichardson had 11 catches and 100 yds the 1st game with the Change. Then he had 7 catches, 100 yards and a TD vs S Oldham. 

Oppel and Parker share time at QB now but moving Oppel there has really opened up the deep passing game. 

• Like 1

Extremely impressed with Richardson.   He had to make "outfielder" plays on numerous ball that were horribly underthrown, but he would have made Willie Mays proud.    Easily the MVP of the game for the Green Wave.

Oppel is a player.   Not the biggest guy on the field by any means, but plays with a lot of heart.   Hard to get a solid hit on when he's running the ball, and - while he's not blazing fast - certainly has enough speed to get the job done.    If I was coaching a team, I would definitely find a place for this guy on my squad.   He can contribute.    

Meade defense probably deserves the game ball, though.    South moved the ball relatively well in the first half, but - until their final two possessions - couldn't get anything going in the second half.    And even on those two possessions, Meade gave up just two makeable field goal attempts.

Congrats to the Green Wave on a solid victory!!

Meade improves to 4-0 against South Oldham since 1998...

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, ColonelMike said:

Extremely impressed with Richardson.   He had to make "outfielder" plays on numerous ball that were horribly underthrown, but he would have made Willie Mays proud.    Easily the MVP of the game for the Green Wave.

Oppel is a player.   Not the biggest guy on the field by any means, but plays with a lot of heart.   Hard to get a solid hit on when he's running the ball, and - while he's not blazing fast - certainly has enough speed to get the job done.    If I was coaching a team, I would definitely find a place for this guy on my squad.   He can contribute.    

Meade defense probably deserves the game ball, though.    South moved the ball relatively well in the first half, but - until their final two possessions - couldn't get anything going in the second half.    And even on those two possessions, Meade gave up just two makeable field goal attempts.

Congrats to the Green Wave on a solid victory!!

Meade improves to 4-0 against South Oldham since 1998...

Thanks. I'll let JJ know what you said.