Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does a Newport Central Catholic win over Beechwood push them to #1?

A win over Beechwood they jump to 1? 15 members have voted

  1. 1. A win over Beechwood they jump to 1?

    • Yes
      46%
      7
    • No
      53%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What’s your opinion if Newport Central Catholic beats Beechwood Friday? Does it bode for a jump to the #1 spot in Class 1A? Why or why not?

26 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think it would be enough to get NCC ranked above Pikeville.

That is my thinking and I also think NewCath may be a little low at 6th. 

Probably would put them at #2 if beat Beechwood but that is a big if to beat Beechwood.

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

That is my thinking and I also think NewCath may be a little low at 6th. 

 They may be a little too high at number 6. New Cath's strength of schedule is one of the worst in class 1A. It is hard to know how good they are, or aren't.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 They may be a little too high at number 6. New Cath's strength of schedule is one of the worst in class 1A. It is hard to know how good they are, or aren't.

It really is hard to say but we are going to know A LOT more after this week. ?

I voted yes, but on second thought I think it won’t be enough. SoS hurts New Cath, and I think it’s going to hurt them even worse come Friday. They’ve not seen anything like Beechwood because of this shortened season and the Tigers are just on another level right now. Pikeville has played the best of the best that they can. If they play the Tigers close it will show how good New Cath really is but I don’t see it being close whatsoever. 

NCC will certainly move up in the polls if they beat Beechwood as that would be a very impressive win.  I think it's going to be hard supplant Pikeville.  But a dominant win may actually be enough.  But that will also be a very tall order.

You can catch this game on Beechwood Radio and we will also be broadcasting on (859) Sports Radio and we're going to attempt video.  Click here.

53 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

NCC will certainly move up in the polls if they beat Beechwood as that would be a very impressive win.  I think it's going to be hard supplant Pikeville.  But a dominant win may actually be enough.  But that will also be a very tall order.

You can catch this game on Beechwood Radio and we will also be broadcasting on (859) Sports Radio and we're going to attempt video.  Click here.

Signal problems at Newport stadium?

23 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Signal problems at Newport stadium?

What do you mean?  We will have a hot spot.

39 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

What do you mean?  We will have a hot spot.

I was thinking that might be why you said "attempt video". What determines whether you are able to do video?

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was thinking that might be why you said "attempt video". What determines whether you are able to do video?

I thought NCC was looking for someone to do video and I also assume this is new for @859Radio and maybe that is why it was worded that way. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.