Star Wars Hot Take

Over the last couple of weeks, I decided that I was going to watch the Star Wars episodes 1-9.  I've seen the original three (4-6) probably four or five times a piece, the second three (1-3) probably two times a piece, and this was the first time I've ever watched the last three (7-9).

I still need to watch Rogue One, Solo, and then plan to watch The Mandolorian.

My hot take, episodes 7-9 were better than the original 4-6.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Maybe it wasn't Episode 1 that I saw. It was old and corny, that's all I know. 😂

The originals came out in '77, '80, and '83. Episodes 4, 5, and 6, respectively. The next one was released in 1999 (Episode 1).

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'd imagine that isn't as hot a take as you'd think.  Probably a ton of people feel that way haha!

Yeah I could see if you never caught any of them until well after the fact you would feel that way. I was born in '82 so I was in the middle of it as youngster. I bet I've watched all three of the originals 10+ times. Episode 1 I thought was horrendous, outside of Darth Maul, so I have not kept up with any of the rest. So given that, my only hot take is the C-3P0 should have been dissembled and converted into a Coke can after five minutes on screen. What a pest. Again, probably not a hot take because I assume many feel the same way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Yeah I could see if you never caught any of them until well after the fact you would feel that way. I was born in '82 so I was in the middle of it as youngster. I bet I've watched all three of the originals 10+ times. Episode 1 I thought was horrendous, outside of Darth Maul, so I have not kept up with any of the rest. So given that, my only hot take is the C-3P0 should have been dissembled and converted into a Coke can after five minutes on screen. What a pest. Again, probably not a hot take because I assume many feel the same way.

Episode 1 is definitely brutal.  The worst of the 9 (and I assume all) movies bar far.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Over the last couple of weeks, I decided that I was going to watch the Star Wars episodes 1-9.  I've seen the original three (4-6) probably four or five times a piece, the second three (1-3) probably two times a piece, and this was the first time I've ever watched the last three (7-9).

I still need to watch Rogue One, Solo, and then plan to watch The Mandolorian.

My hot take, episodes 7-9 were better than the original 4-6.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and grew up with episodes 4-6 so those will always be my favorites.  I like them all but there are characters/scenes that I not dislike in some of the movies.

My hot take, Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars films not 4-6. 

I saw each of them in the theater on their original release.

Ep1...Jar Jar sucks, but other than his scenes this movie isn't as bad as everyone says. It has become cool to bag on it. This was the first time we saw a Jedi in his prime and the Darth Maul duel alone is worth watching this one.

Ep2...love story was handled horribly by writers and actors. Obi-Wan vs Jango and clones vs droids in full war is great. SLJ as Mace Windu is too cool. 

Ep3...Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel was great...Yoda kicks some butt...Vader!

Solo...fun movie telling Han's back story.

Rogue 1...I  like it OK, but I love that last scene with Vader

Ep4...the OG that started it all, may be corny by today's standards but it's great story telling. Plus Vader chokes people!

Ep5...more choking by Vader, 😆.  Some argue this is the best of the series.

Ep6...Good guys wins, Vader dies...a good wrap up to the series.

But wait...there's more!

Ep7...better acting and directing, a sweet taste of nostalgia. For me it hit all the notes that I wanted it to. (Wasn't a fan of Adam Driver as Kyle at first...but I was wrong)

Ep8...Rey became one of my favorites after this movie. There was one Wonky scene with Leia, but for that a strong episode again. Luke FINALLY being Da Man was nice too.

Ep9...answered most of the questions left from 7 and 8. Nice way to wrap it all up.

Mandalorian...mix 1/2 Clint Eastwood Western with 1/2 Star Wars and you have this series.