North Oldham vs. Henry County Predictions/Updates

ColonelMike

Who wins, Henry County or North Oldham?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, Henry County or North Oldham?

• North Oldham Mustangs
    • Henry County Wildcats

This poll is closed to new votes

SATURDAY 10/24/2020

Game moved from Friday to Saturday at 1 pm at North Oldham HS due to referee shortage...

An old rivalry is renewed Saturday as the Henry County Wildcats visit former district rival North Oldham.

For North (0-5), this is the first of a three-game homestand that wraps up the regular season.

For Henry (3-3), this will be their final road game of the season.

Both are coming off road losses....North fell at Louisville Central, 38-3, while Henry County dropped a 49-14 decision at Mercer County.

North, an extremely young squad with over half the varsity composed of freshmen and sophomores, features an explosive running back in senior Austin Gibson, who has 322 yards rushing and 4 TDs on the season...    But North has struggled through the air, with Mustang quarterbacks completing just 41% of their throws, while tossing 11 interceptions versus only 4 TDs.   

Bryce Grady leads the defense, with 41 tackles on the season.

Likewise, Henry County is averaging just 75 yards through the air per game, but senior Anthony Bates is averaging 104 yards rushing per game, and has scored 8 times.

Once a big rivalry between Goshen and New Castle, these two teams haven't played since August 18, 2012, when North won, 38-7, at home.  The series all-time is tied at 5, but North has won the last three meetings.

The game will be broadcast live (and archived) by Pegasus Sports at www.pegasussportsky.com, beginning at 12:30 pm.

I'll post updates as I can during the game.

NORTH FANS:   Don't forget, PSN is helping to support the three Oldham County high schools during this crazy COVID season....with the stadium allowed to be just 30% full, there will a signficant loss of gate / concession revenues - which will negatively impact not just the football team, but also all the non-revenue sports that depend on football revenues.   PSN will donate proceeds from any HD purchase ($7) to the three high schools' athletic departments throughout the football and basketball broadcast seasons (about 75 games, combined).     So - if you can't make it to the game in person - please consider contributing $7 (for a much better picture) to help out your local schools.   As always, standard definition broadcasts will be free.

Thoughts on this one, folks?

CM

• theguru changed the title to North Oldham vs. Henry County Predictions/Updates

I haven't called a Saturday HS football game in about 35 years...I remember the coaches I dealt with in the mid-80s used to hate Saturday games.....thoughts?   

I distinctly remember the late great coach Gene Sartini of Providence (IN) complaining to me about having to play Oldham County on a Saturday....

This one kicks off at 1 pm Saturday at North Oldham HS.....

CM

Maybe the coaches don’t like it but I know the kids enjoy playing on a Saturday afternoon especially if the weather is good. A change in the regular weekly routine breaks up the monotony of the season (even if there isn’t anything normal about this season).

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Henry County has been broadcasting their home games from their WSENTV YouTube channel.

The kids over in New Castle do a really great job with that.

This is at North Oldham, not Henry County, but the game will be broadcast over the internet on Pegasus Sports at www.pegasussportsky.com, beginning with a pregame show at 12:30 pm ET.   The video coverage is LIVE, but also archived for one year.

CM

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ColonelMike said:

The kids over in New Castle do a really great job with that.

This is at North Oldham, not Henry County, but the game will be broadcast over the internet on Pegasus Sports at www.pegasussportsky.com, beginning with a pregame show at 12:30 pm ET.   The video coverage is LIVE, but also archived for one year.

CM

Ahhh, I thought it was at Henry County. My misunderstanding...thanks for straightening that out, CM.