Mayfield 36 Paducah Tilghman 6

Mayfield played their best half of the season in the 1st half, but ultimately, Tilghman simply couldn't get out of their own way. 

The very average Tilghman D played just that, very average. The Tilghman miscues were the story of the game. 

Tilghman gave up 28 of the 36 points directly off turnovers and special teams miscues, at the worst possible times and spots on the field. You can't do that against anyone, much less Mayfield. 

Mayfield's defense did what I've seen Coach Morris and the Cardinals do many times, and that was take away what the other team generally does best. They basically knew every play Tilghman ran. 

Tip of the cap to Mayfield on extending the winning streak to 15 games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mayfield played it's best game this year, especially on defense. I'm a little shocked by the score and PT didn't help it's cause with their untimely miscues. PT will get better as it's young players mature. If Mayfield can play with more consistency then I could see them making a deep run in the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Mayfield played it's best game this year, especially on defense. I'm a little shocked by the score and PT didn't help it's cause with their untimely miscues. PT will get better as it's young players mature. If Mayfield can play with more consistency then I could see them making a deep run in the playoffs. 

Congrats snake!  And Mayfield. 😉

• Like 1

The ball definitely bounced Mayfield’s way tonight.  It was nice to see them capitalize, and make the most of those opportunities.    The quarterback showed more poise this game than any previous game.  He had some nice, confident throws that I haven’t seen him make yet.  Run game looked good.  Defense played solid most of the night.

PT played a sloppy game.  I was disappointed for them.  I know they are better than that.  They are too one-dimensional.  If they had a kid that could throw, they would be in business.