Wrestlemania going back to Pay-Per-View

So I was reading yesterday on one of the wrestling sites that Wrestlemania could and will likely go back to Pay-Per-View like it was before the WWE Network came along.

Thoughts?

If they are going back to the pay per view ways, then why have the network? Why put all that effort and money into something to not use it?

I ordered the WWE network since I am staying home more. The first month is free. I am probably going to cancel on the 28th day. It is kind of cool watching royal rumbles and older WWF and WCW episodes. I wouldn't pay 10 bucks a month for it though. The library is extensive however.

So I was reading yesterday on one of the wrestling sites that Wrestlemania could and will likely go back to Pay-Per-View like it was before the WWE Network came along.

Thoughts?

If they are going back to the pay per view ways, then why have the network? Why put all that effort and money into something to not use it?

I canceled already due to lack of interest but if that is true and I was on the fence at all I definitely would cancel.

Vince was evidently against having Wrestlemania on the network to start with. Dana White told him from the outset that he was selling Mania for way too low of a price by offering it on the network.

With the network failing to meet expectations, Vince fired his top two executives at the start of the year, in part because they had pushed hard for everything to be on the network

It appears Vince is getting what he wants. Unfortunately, ESPN is not offering anywhere close to what Vince believes Mania is worth.

Vince was evidently against having Wrestlemania on the network to start with. Dana White told him from the outset that he was selling Mania for way too low of a price by offering it on the network.

With the network failing to meet expectations, Vince fired his top two executives at the start of the year, in part because they had pushed hard for everything to be on the network

It appears Vince is getting what he wants. Unfortunately, ESPN is not offering anywhere close to what Vince believes Mania is worth.

But with wrestling being what it is today, will people still pay 50-60-70$ for wrestlemania if it goes back to ppv?

But with wrestling being what it is today, will people still pay 50-60-70$ for wrestlemania if it goes back to ppv?

I won’t. We cancelled our subscription last year. Only reason we had it was for the big events.