Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Faraday Cages

Featured Replies

Negative Ghostrider.

When we are in a “normal” state I’m with you. But I do believe there are definite benefits to it under the current circumstances.

  • Author
When we are in a “normal” state I’m with you. But I do believe there are definite benefits to it under the current circumstances.

 

I understand that logic but once we cross that line in the sand I do not believe there is any going back.

I understand that logic but once we cross that line in the sand I do not believe there is any going back.

It sounds like you believe we already have crossed that line though.

  • Author
It sounds like you believe we already have crossed that line though.

 

Years ago...

Years ago...

Then if we already crossed that line and there’s no turning back, then you agree it’s ok to use it to make sure people those who have contracted the virus or been in contact with someone who has, are staying home? If there’s no turning back, then we might as well use it during this time. The more I talk about it though, the more I move closer and closer to not really caring about my privacy. I mean even before this all I really do is go to work, the golf course, sporting events, and restaurants/bars. Not really sure I would really mind the government knowing how boring I really am.

  • Author
Then if we already crossed that line and there’s no turning back, then you agree it’s ok to use it to make sure people those who have contracted the virus or been in contact with someone who has, are staying home? If there’s no turning back, then we might as well use it during this time. The more I talk about it though, the more I move closer and closer to not really caring about my privacy. I mean even before this all I really do is go to work, the golf course, sporting events, and restaurants/bars. Not really sure I would really mind the government knowing how boring I really am.

 

You are going to make me use Arnold again:

 

 

The point is, we the people need to make a stand.

You are going to make me use Arnold again:

 

 

The point is, we the people need to make a stand.

 

People aren’t going to make stands if they are satisfied with their current standing in life.

Then if we already crossed that line and there’s no turning back, then you agree it’s ok to use it to make sure people those who have contracted the virus or been in contact with someone who has, are staying home? If there’s no turning back, then we might as well use it during this time. The more I talk about it though, the more I move closer and closer to not really caring about my privacy. I mean even before this all I really do is go to work, the golf course, sporting events, and restaurants/bars. Not really sure I would really mind the government knowing how boring I really am.

 

People only care about privacy when they want to complain. Nobody on this site really cares about their privacy. The used their email address and a debit card to sign up. The overwhelming majority of people don't care based on their actions, they only speak up when they can't do something they want, or they don't like how their information is used.

You are going to make me use Arnold again:

 

 

The point is, we the people need to make a stand.

 

You run a website that requires people to give up their privacy, but we should make a stand? How Sway? :lol2:

  • Author
People aren’t going to make stands if they are satisfied with their current standing in life.

 

I agree and that is in large part how we got here.

I guess I see the point about privacy concerns. But we've been very willing to give up privacy for advancement. Traffic apps, social media where we share everything in our lives, weather apps that give us up to date forecasts, and countless other things. In return, we have achieved a level of comfort, and efficiency no other generation has ever had. It also allows law enforcement to solve more crimes, foil terror plots, and provide us with a higher level of safety.

 

Freedom sometimes does come with a cost, and it's clear that we've given some up for the benefits I described above. Remember though, that freedom works both ways. You can choose to NOT have a cell phone, or participate in social media. It's not really all that hard if you want to get off the grid and not be tracked. But in return, you've got to give up some of the conveniences you enjoy and have gotten used to.

  • Author
I guess I see the point about privacy concerns. But we've been very willing to give up privacy for advancement. Traffic apps, social media where we share everything in our lives, weather apps that give us up to date forecasts, and countless other things. In return, we have achieved a level of comfort, and efficiency no other generation has ever had. It also allows law enforcement to solve more crimes, foil terror plots, and provide us with a higher level of safety.

 

Freedom sometimes does come with a cost, and it's clear that we've given some up for the benefits I described above. Remember though, that freedom works both ways. You can choose to NOT have a cell phone, or participate in social media. It's not really all that hard if you want to get off the grid and not be tracked. But in return, you've got to give up some of the conveniences you enjoy and have gotten used to.

 

I hear what you are saying but I don't believe we should have to give up virtually all of our privacy to own a phone.

I hear what you are saying but I don't believe we should have to give up virtually all of our privacy to own a phone.

 

Shouldn’t have to but those are rules if you own a smart phone. Once you purchase a smart phone, privacy is over......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.