Football and Baseball

Forget the original post....moving soccer to spring would be awesome. Football players having access to soccer and vise versa.

In many states girls soccer is a spring sport. Moving soccer would also free up and balance out use of the football field. One issue though is soccer and baseball share more athletes than football and baseball. Forcing kids to choose one or the other could have a negative effect on numbers. I really don’t see a lot of football players suddenly deciding to give soccer a shot.

In many states girls soccer is a spring sport. Moving soccer would also free up and balance out use of the football field. One issue though is soccer and baseball share more athletes than football and baseball. Forcing kids to choose one or the other could have a negative effect on numbers. I really don’t see a lot of football players suddenly deciding to give soccer a shot.

Really...maybe my school is unique, but we have one kid who plays soccer that plays baseball. I could see about 10 football players try it.

For girls it would only make sense.

Really...maybe my school is unique, but we have one kid who plays soccer that plays baseball. I could see about 10 football players try it.

For girls it would only make sense.

Many football players are deep into conditioning and lifting in the offseason. You can't do that if you're playing soccer. Track is the natural offseason fit for most serious football players, and in schools that have it, Lacrosse is where a lot of football players are ending up. I just don't see football players gravitating toward soccer at all.

Many football players are deep into conditioning and lifting in the offseason. You can't do that if you're playing soccer. Track is the natural offseason fit for most serious football players, and in schools that have it, Lacrosse is where a lot of football players are ending up. I just don't see football players gravitating toward soccer at all.

Football players are only deep into conditioning because they can't hit a baseball :lol:

If those guys could hit a baseball they would be playing baseball instead of pumping iron.

Let KHSAA start a Boys' Slow Pitch Softball season, and the weight rooms will be empty.

Our high school lacrosse coach (and we’re talking a half century ago) was a hall of famer. One of his philosophies was to grab the meanest guys from the football team and put sticks in their hands in the spring.

Spring rain makes spring soccer tough.

As far as off-season lifting goes. The schools/programs that it is important to would still be able to make lifting work.

Most serious football schools have a lifting class during school.

Football players are only deep into conditioning because they can't hit a baseball :lol:

If those guys could hit a baseball they would be playing baseball instead of pumping iron.

Let KHSAA start a Boys' Slow Pitch Softball season, and the weight rooms will be empty.

Lots of overlap between baseball and football in my experience back in high school and it seems it’s still that way. Those 2 sports probably have the biggest overlap.