Ryle 47 Notre Dame Academy 42 (9th Region Championship)

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a 3-peat in the 9th. Well done all season, NDA Pandas! It speaks to mental toughness and solid coaching at Ryle to adjust in-game to the loss of one of the best players in the nation. Impressive win. Both teams played with grit and high intensity. I could see a rematch next season.

Big question is how is Maddie's ankle and does she rest it for first game on Wednesday? If Ryle wins that game they will have TOUGH matchup on Friday with winner of Bullitt or Etown. Her interview seemed to indicate she plans on playing Wednesday...certainly a "big picture" consideration must be made if there us any risk for her to play. I know she and coaching staff will make the call erring on side if caution.

Big win for the Lady Raiders without Scherr. I expect that these teams will battle it out for years to come.

Anyone know why Coach Murphy wasn’t on the floor at the end? Kind of odd.

Hey, it’s are favorite guy, HasBeenCoach. Haven’t heard from you in awhile buddy since Dixie or Conner didn’t win. You been missing like Coach Murphy was at the end of the game. It’s odd for you try to stir something up again instead of talking about the game itself. Good Riddance!

Edited by D'ICEMAN
Missing word

“Anyone know why Coach Murphy wasn’t on the floor at the end? Kind of odd.”

No one seems to have a legit answer.

I’ll call it being a sore loser.

From what I’m told this is not the first time.

He got out coached and out played.

He falls back on having a young team.

At several points in the game Ryle had 1 sophomore, 1 freshman and 2 eighth graders on the floor.

Don’t look past the 2021 Raiders next year.

Hey' date=' it’s are favorite guy, HasBeenCoach. Haven’t heard from you in awhile buddy since Dixie or Conner didn’t win. You been missing like Coach Murphy was at the end of the game. It’s odd for you try to stir something up again instead of talking about the game itself. Good Riddance![/quote']

Lol. Stirring by asking where someone went and congratulating a team? I am a basketball fan and no way shape or form am I a fan of Dixie or Conner nor do I have any affiliation to either of those teams.

I will repeat congrats to the Lady Raiders. I think these two teams will battle it out for years to come in the 9th. Anyone know why Coach Murphy wasn’t on the floor at the end? Your team got a trophy and multiple players from your team got awards. This is kind of odd. Let me add to that. This is odd to me for someone who is consistently advocating for girls to get more publicity and trying to grow the game of basketball. A coach that used to take the high road when another coach in his former district pulled antics that were absurd. This is not normal for Coach Murphy because of multiple reasons and some of those I stated above. If you think that is stirring then so be it.

Not sure why some of you on this thread are concerned with where Coach Murphy went after the game. As a parent of an NDA basketball player, I never gave it a second thought. Coach Murphy is an excellent coach and we feel lucky to have him leading

our girls. Good luck to Ryle at State.

I was impressed with the athleticism of the younger players for Ryle such as the 8th grader Eubank and freshman Holtman. Sarah Baker will be an inside force for years to come as she gains strength and agility. It was quite amazing to see two 8th graders and a frosh on the court for the Raiders at times. Crittenden and Douthit were terrific, too. Overall athleticism edge clearly went to Ryle. I believe the biggest leads were 2 for NDA and 7 for Ryle. Really close game without Maddie.

Completely agree with Straight Shooter. The story was more about, all 5 kids named in his post (3 very young players) showed the ability and willingness to create their own shots. It was very impressive. Once Ryle settled down, Crittendon and Douthitt were both great, and their "youngsters" did not look or play like youngsters. The Post Maddie Scherr Raiders still look like 9th Region favorites to me. Hopefully Maddie can get back this week for another run at a title.

Great game to watch. It had a little bit of everything that makes high school sports great. The flow of the game changed many times and the players and coaches made their adjustments. The prior posts are correct, these two teams should have a great rivalry the next several years. NDA deserves all the accolades they received this year - great group of young girls stepping up in their roles. Same for Ryle. Certainly a bit of nervousness when Maddie Scherr went out but the young ladies settled in and did a great job. Both teams had to deal with inconsistent calls in a physical game but kept their cool and played. Fun to watch both coaching staffs make adjustments.

Hoping for a quick recovery for Maddie. Hoping for another Raider/9th region title!

Great game to watch. It had a little bit of everything that makes high school sports great. The flow of the game changed many times and the players and coaches made their adjustments. The prior posts are correct, these two teams should have a great rivalry the next several years. NDA deserves all the accolades they received this year - great group of young girls stepping up in their roles. Same for Ryle. Certainly a bit of nervousness when Maddie Scherr went out but the young ladies settled in and did a great job. Both teams had to deal with inconsistent calls in a physical game but kept their cool and played. Fun to watch both coaching staffs make adjustments.

Hoping for a quick recovery for Maddie. Hoping for another Raider/9th region title!

What a welcome breath of fresh air!

This kind of post is worth trudging through the all of the threads I've read through today.

:)

Edited by Runcible Owl
Clarification. Not just this thread - all threads. :)