Louisville 90 Syracuse 66

Getslow

I'm genuinely glad to see some things that have changed since the Pitino era. There's fresh air in the athletic department and it's really nice as a graduate and a fan.

One thing I'm glad hasn't changed: Louisville steamrolling Syracuse.

That was quite something.

Nwora back on track with 17 points (although 5/18 from the field could use some improvement).

The three-point line always matters against that Boeheim zone and Louisville went a perfectly decent 10-24. More importantly was how Mack attacked the zone with Dwayne Sutton at the free throw line and Williams patrolling the baseline. Against the 2-3 zone, the player at the free throw line in the middle of the defense HAS to have a good game. Sutton ended with 16 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists. Fantastic.

In the end, Louisville had 23 assists on 30 made field goals, taking the zone apart and doing really well in transition at times.

Back home Saturday against North Carolina. With Duke's loss to NC State, Louisville remains right in the thick of it for the regular season crown.

We are going to really, really miss Dwayne Sutton next year. When he is shooting well, Louisville is a completely different team.

He just has an incredible motor too. He's the one guy you can count on for intensity in defense and rebounding even if everything else is going wrong.

Louisville has some tough games left, so finishing 15-5 feels most likely to me. That will likely put them as the 3 seed in the ACC tourney as Duke and FSU both have the inside track (based on easier schedules) to finish 16-4.

Louisville's games at FSU and UVA both feel like losses to me, but if they can steal either of those, the league is theirs to win!!!

Louisville has some tough games left, so finishing 15-5 feels most likely to me. That will likely put them as the 3 seed in the ACC tourney as Duke and FSU both have the inside track (based on easier schedules) to finish 16-4.

Louisville's games at FSU and UVA both feel like losses to me, but if they can steal either of those, the league is theirs to win!!!

Never has being the one seed in the ACC tournament mattered more, considering the dropoff between Louisville, Duke and FSU... and everyone else. Massive advantage in the one-seed that Louisville all but squandered away last week. Still a chance, but they have a long way to go and will likely need a win at FSU to get it.

Never has being the one seed in the ACC tournament mattered more, considering the dropoff between Louisville, Duke and FSU... and everyone else. Massive advantage in the one-seed that Louisville all but squandered away last week. Still a chance, but they have a long way to go and will likely need a win at FSU to get it.
As an aside, UL and FSU have never won an ACC regular season title. I was shocked to learn it has been 10 years since Duke won at least a share of an ACC regular season title, and only twice the last 15 seasons.

I was only able to see the last 10:00 or so, but it was good to see the Cards shred that zone again.

We are going to really, really miss Dwayne Sutton next year. When he is shooting well, Louisville is a completely different team.

Making the bounce pass from the FT line area to the baseline was almost like taking candy from a baby for a while. The Orange defended that very poorly.