Scott Gray (Ryle '07) wins 2006 That's My Boy Award

IAmAFan

Just curious but were the other boys listed from each school as the NKY Top 24 then also that schools candidate for the "Thats My Boy".? Have asked a few people and I seem to be getting different answers. Anyone that could provide me that info I would greatly appreciate.

Who would have thought a few years ago that when Pete and Zach were riding up to ND for their annual visit that one day a)they'd both be on ND's radar and have a coach stop into see them and b)they'd be up against each other for That's My Boy!

Add in a kid looking to go the Ivy League and you've got yourself a talented trio.

Just curious but were the other boys listed from each school as the NKY Top 24 then also that schools candidate for the "Thats My Boy".? Have asked a few people and I seem to be getting different answers. Anyone that could provide me that info I would greatly appreciate.

You must be a "Top 24" selection to be one of the finalists for "That’s My Boy". Some of the more important criteria are GPA, extra curricular activities, community involvement, class rank are some as I understand in addition to being recognized for their football achievements.

You must be a "Top 24" selection to be one of the finalists for "That’s My Boy". Some of the more important criteria are GPA, extra curricular activities, community involvement, class rank are some as I understand in addition to being recognized for their football achievements.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It is what I thought but wasn't exactly being told. Some schools need to do a better job of research before sending in a youngmans name and not doing or even worse not caring about anything other then the fact he was a decent football player. I know of one particular instance where the youngman met none of the criteria other then the fact then he was a good football player. Throw in the other criteria and unfortunately he didn't come close. Fortunately he wasn't one of the 3 finalists or I would have some very serious concerns. Personally I'm embarassed for the school and the youngman. Here's hoping a better job is done in the future. People will be watching closely.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Scott Gray (Ryle '07) wins 2006 That's My Boy Award