Spencer County 49 Anderson County 46 (2OT)

One of the better played high school games I've seen. Intensity level off the charts. Both teams knew what was at stake, playing Collins in first round of district tournament. Collins will have their hands full with the District Tournament being played at Anderson County.

Spencer played from a few down most of the game. Anderson County just held the ball which works very well for them. The third quarter was where Spencer finally got lead with 8 straight points by Whitlock. First overtime Spencer had first possession and missed then Anderson ran the last four minutes down and took last second three

Second overtime Spencer got down 6 and then came storming back. At 1.2 seconds Spencer threw ball in to Mabrey who stroked a 3 at buzzer. Spencer won by 3.

A simple man to man defense would keep a team from holding the ball...

I guess it's not that simple considering Anderson took two of the better teams in the region down the wire. When two teams are basically playing for their playoff lives you can throw everything out the window. I give Anderson County huge props. They did everything they could to win that game and Spencer had to give everything to win. Really nothing negative to say. It was a great game.

Anderson doesn’t hold the ball. They are just patient and work for their best shot. May make 10-15 passes to break down a defense, even man to man.

This was an intense game, well played by both teams. Whitlock was clutch for Spencer. I was surprised that towards end of the third, Spencer had momentum and tempo in their favor and chose to slow the game down.

Anderson doesn’t hold the ball. They are just patient and work for their best shot. May make 10-15 passes to break down a defense, even man to man.

This was an intense game, well played by both teams. Whitlock was clutch for Spencer. I was surprised that towards end of the third, Spencer had momentum and tempo in their favor and chose to slow the game down.

You are correct they just keep running that offense. It seems like forever. I was impressed to see high school level kids able to stay that focused under intense pressure.

What's the seeding in the 30th? With 5 teams I would assume MLC gets the first round bye.

Collins is the one seed.

Spencer is the two.

Woodford is the three.

Anderson is the four.

Shelby is the five.

Anderson and Shelby winner will play Collins while Spencer and Woodford will play the other semifinal.