Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bald Eagle Sighting - Downtown Alexandria, KY

Featured Replies

So there I am sitting in the drive-thru lane at Burger King, when this bird flying on the other side of US 27 catches my eye. He has all of the mannerisms of an eagle, and I thought I caught a glimpse of the white head/tail markings, but he was too far away to be sure..

 

He then heads north to what I would guess about Hillcrest,and then returns in the same pattern and continues across US 27 broadside to me heading toward the AA Highway, and sure enough it is a bald eagle. White head and tail, etc..

 

Where do you think he came from and where was he going? I'm guessing the Ohio River..

What was he doing over top of a bustling city in the middle of the afternoon???

There is a nest in Campbell County, on private property owners don't want it disturbed and people on their land. Location with be kept a secret,

We have 2 Nests on our property in Southern Camp Co near Rt 8. Both nests are actually only about a 100 yards from the road so you can see them often nesting. Pretty cool! They have been there about 3 springs now.

85FDD8D3-B69F-4A46-8A87-B36A9BBA2C79.jpeg

 

I took this Picture up through my Sunroof last year. Wish I had a better Camera. Very cool to be that close to something that majestic.

There's a nest on the River near Riverside marina in Dayton. The best way to catch a view of them is by Boat here in a couple of months. Hopefully our property location isn't being disturbed too much. It's a high traffic area for Turkey and Deer hunters. I do know the Game Warden checks on our property very often to make sure they are still safe.

I was in the Fernald/Ross area in Ohio along the Great Miami River. I witnessed 3 bald eagles in flight together. Two of them locked talons and began plummeting only to release because only 15 feet away from me in the construction site we were on. Very cool to witness!

  • Author

Good stuff!!!

I have one here close to Visalia quite often.

  • Author

We saw an abundance of them at Pickwick Lake, Tennessee on a recent trip.  They must be thriving.  I've seen more in the past few years than at any other time in my life.

I live by route 8 and see them regularly. They are easy to spot because of their size and flight power. Really cool birds.

  • Author

Have seen them at the mouth of the Little Miami River last couple of boat trips in that area.

  • Author

Ever since spotting that Bald Eagle flying over US26 In Alexandria, I pay special attention to see if I can see another one in the same area.  While i have not seen any more Eagles, I do see an inordinate number of ducks.

I'm wondering if that particular airway, or window is a flyway for migrating birds. 

This is over Bristol Lakes in Independence tonight.

Photo credits to Jeremy Adams.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

  • Author

Beautiful.

I have a 13 acre pond on my farm, and in the winter I regularly have four or five bald eagles dive-bombing the pond for food.  I attached a video I took from my porch.  In the summer, the eagles are replaced by Ospreys.  This is in Snowdoun, Alabama.

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.