NKY Boys 2024 Class

Hoops4Life

Good group of players in the original thread I think those holdup for the most part.

Top 5 who are still playing 8th grade (no order and I believe most were asked to play up but for one reason or another decided against it)

Giffen - Woodland

Class - Highlands

Verax - Ockerman

Bryant - RA

Jabari - Holmes

*honorable mention to Hagan who has been out with injury this season but would be on the list.

Those playing up

Noah Johnson - HC

Cam Geisler - NCC

Brodi Binke (SP?) - Highlands

Hudson Blank - Dixie

A couple of up and coming big men to watch

Maddox Jones - Ockerman

Mattox Kelly - SVA

Pretty athletic class at the top end with a lot of multi sport players that would be top 5 in another sport as well ie Football Class, Verax and Geisler all great players.

Good group of players in the original thread I think those holdup for the most part.

Top 5 who are still playing 8th grade (no order and I believe most were asked to play up but for one reason or another decided against it)

Giffen - Woodland

Class - Highlands

Verax - Ockerman

Bryant - RA

Jabari - Holmes

*honorable mention to Hagan who has been out with injury this season but would be on the list.

Those playing up

Noah Johnson - HC

Cam Geisler - NCC

Brodi Binke (SP?) - Highlands

Hudson Blank - Dixie

A couple of up and coming big men to watch

Maddox Jones - Ockerman

Mattox Kelly - SVA

Pretty athletic class at the top end with a lot of multi sport players that would be top 5 in another sport as well ie Football Class, Verax and Geisler all great players.

Hagen is the real deal and will most likely go straight to JV for CCH next year.

• 2 weeks later...
We are wrapping up the regular season this week. Who stood out as 8th graders this year? Any surprises? I know some of the programs suffered as a result of players playing up and I believe there are several other guys who could have played up but didn't.

Of the 8th graders playing 8th grade, the 3 that impressed me the most were (in no particular order)

Hussey-St. Pius

Class-Highlands

#35 for Ockerman (not Verax, although he too is good, but the 6'3"ish dark haired kid, sorry, I do not recal his name)

No order;

Hussey - Pius was a lot stronger this year and his driving ability added a dimension to his outside shot

Class - Highlands he's probably the most physical of all the 8th graders this year

Jones (35) - Ockerman definitely improved this season the pick and roll with Verax is pretty tough to defend. Intermediate jumper was good. Has a bit of a bully mentality which is good in the post

Verax - Ockerman was used in a different role than past seasons as more of a distributor but still solid year

Giffen - Woodland kid can flat out score

Best duo Jones / Verax pick and roll

Best scorer Hussey / Giffen

Loss of a player that hurt a team most - Kelly at SVA created a multiple game losing streak (honorable mention to Hagen at Pius he was definitely missed but they still are the team to bear going into the tournament)

• 2 weeks later...