Top 150 College Coaches of All-Time

Jumper_Dad

Urban is definitely too low at 46. Doing absolutely zero research, I'd say he should be above Beamer, Swinney and Stoops at least.

Hell, Dabo has been good for what, five years?

I was surprised at all the love and high ranking for Stoops.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, Urban being that low is completely laughable, and a joke.

Bobby Dodd at #21 with no national titles? A guy named Frank Kush at #43, whose most notable accomplishment is that his team finished #2, and that he got fired for allegations of player abuse.

Another one who's too far down...Don James.

Bobby Dodd was a great coach that was consistent but Georgia Tech was never going to be named a Champ.

Bobby Dodd was a great coach that was consistent but Georgia Tech was never going to be named a Champ.

Didn't they win a National Championship under Bobby Dodd in 1952? They have won 4 National Titles in total, the last being in 1990, but I would have sworn Bobby Dodd won one of them.

Yes, of course, Urban Meyer is way too low. He is smug and unlikable, and like Steve Carlton in HOF voting, that stuff impacts people when making out a ballot. Urban is a fantastic football coach, and if he decides to come back to College, he'll win a heck of a lot of games again.

Didn't they win a National Championship under Bobby Dodd in 1952? They have won 4 National Titles in total, the last being in 1990, but I would have sworn Bobby Dodd won one of them.

Yes, of course, Urban Meyer is way too low. He is smug and unlikable, and like Steve Carlton in HOF voting, that stuff impacts people when making out a ballot. Urban is a fantastic football coach, and if he decides to come back to College, he'll win a heck of a lot of games again.

I looked it up, you are correct sir. My bad. :thumb:

Urban over his time at OSU did less with more than any one else. Those head scratching losses nearly every year, probably hurt his legacy.

That's because he was ill and the officials had it in for him at OSU but not Florida.