Trinity/St. X/Male 2007 Schedule

KWG88

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is official now. MBA is out and Cincy St.X is in. The Rocks travel there in 07 with the Blue Bombers coming to Marshall Stadium in 08. I like the fact that the Rocks will have two games under their belt entering this game (they are going to need them). X looks like they will be in the mix for the Ohio D1 crown next year and that says a lot. Remember Rocks, what doesn't kill you omnly makes you stronger.:thumb:

This is a huge game and kudos to T for getting this done. I grew up about a mile from this high school in Cincy and played against them for 4 years.

Some facts about St X-Cincy

1500 boys

11-2 last year( Maybe 12-1, pending # 4 Lakeland Florida's investigation)

Beat Lakewood St Edward # 2 in Ohio

Lost in OT to Lakeland, Fl 25-22

Lost to Colerain in 3rd round of playoffs 24-7

Won Greater Catholic League 3-0 over Moeller Elder and Lasalle

Beat Cov Catholic 23-3

Last won state in 2005

121 players on varsity roster including 3 sophomores

82 juniors ( potentially returning in 2007)

30 juniors returning weighing 200 pounds or more including 8 over 250 lbs.

Best player Darius Ashley- junior Running back 5'9 180 lbs 1st team all district( cincinnati and Dayton is the district)

QB John Hurley 6'3" 185 pound junior

Alumni 3 in NFL currently

26 currently playing in college

Home field Ballaban Field Attendence about 7000 sport turf

Played before 18000 at UC's Nippert Stadium vs Lakeland

Played before 17000 at UC's Nippert Stadium vs Colerain

Nickname Bombers( don't call them Blue Bombers! They already think we are Ky rednecks!

Culture: IMHO- Combine Louisville St X with 2 parts Kentucky Country Day.

Amazing NET Endowment function Xtravaganza 2006 amount $650,000 raised in one night. This is NET!

Directions: keep for future use

71 North to 75 North into Ohio

Take exit 9 Paddock seymour exit

Turn right off exit

turn right at first street/light Seymour Ave

Go past two lights and over RR tracks.

Go up hill 2 miles until road ends into North Bend

Turn left

Go about 1/4 mile school on right

They are big time in everything they do.

Here's their website

http://www.stxavier.org

Good Luck Rocks!

It is official now. MBA is out and Cincy St.X is in. The Rocks travel there in 07 with the Blue Bombers coming to Marshall Stadium in 08. I like the fact that the Rocks will have two games under their belt entering this game (they are going to need them). X looks like they will be in the mix for the Ohio D1 crown next year and that says a lot. Remember Rocks, what doesn't kill you omnly makes you stronger.:thumb:

I don't know that we can say that it is actually official, but they are certainly going down the path, no question.

The game would be scheduled for 8/25, I believe, at the University of Cincinnati's Nippert Stadium as part of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. A 3-day, 12 to 14 team event matching the best teams in Cincy against one another to start of the season. When a powerhouse from Northern OH or KY makes themselves available, they are usually invited.

To say St. Xavier will be "in the mix" for the D1 crown in Ohio is a bit of an understatement. They return 16 starters!! :scared:

They will be heavily favored in every game they play and they should be the pre-season #1 in the state and may be ranked in the top 10 in every national pre-season poll. They are going to be scary good.

Hit those weights T! These boys are going to bring it to you like you can't imagine. I really do hope you have gotten at least one game in before this one because it is going to be NASTY!!!

-CardinalsFan

PS: For those that thought it might be a Colerain/Trinity matchup...no way. We've got a thing with helping Catholic schools fill out their schedule...we don't like doing it. :fight: We save it for the playoffs.

Sept. 14 at X. Its a home and home deal not a neutral field game. They were the "Blue Bombers" last time we played them. As far as the "redneck" comment goes, who cares what they think.

\St X cincy has never been the Blue Bombers. Check out their website, check out any printed information. They actually have a sports information training program in their school for the last 4 schools. Nothing from St. X is going to say Blue Bombers. It is not good to rely on memory.

Who cares? Every Kentucky team and player hoping that you represent our state with dignity and class. If the shoe fits, LSU....

I hope we beat them.

It is a tall order, but Trinity is up to it. I have confidence that Trinity will give these guys all they want and do it with class and dignity. The eyes of the state will be on Trinity on Septmber 14th. Good luck!

The contract has been signed and it is 9/14 this season.

Ahhhh...so it is week 4 of the regular season, not the Skyline Chili Crosstown showdown.

Well, that's excellent. These two schools should play each other every year. I really don't know why Trinity and the St. Xavier Tigers of LOU don't visit the Queen City more. Annual matchups with the GCL-South is exactly the kind of matchup the fans like to see. There really isn't a downside to it at all.

You'll LOVE their new facility. Distinct home advantage but it is a beautiful state-of-the-art facility. All synthetic turf field with huge "X" in the middle. Very nice. :thumb:

If my Cards aren't taking on anyone of interest, I may have to make it over to that game.

Good Luck Trinity...I am sure you will represent big school KY football with class and dignity.

-CardinalsFan

• 2 weeks later...
A little shorter trip. :thumb:

Although I did love MBA's campus.

I haven't been to MBA's campus.

But wait until you see St. Xavier's campus. It is ridiculous. The parking is terrible (not enough of it) but the facility is beautiful.

I will be excited to hear Rock fans perspective after the visit.

-CardinalsFan

I haven't been to MBA's campus.

But wait until you see St. Xavier's campus. It is ridiculous. The parking is terrible (not enough of it) but the facility is beautiful.

I will be excited to hear Rock fans perspective after the visit.

-CardinalsFan

If there is a Catholic high school in America that is as nice as MBA they should be ashamed of themselves. MBA is a school for rich kids plain and simple, that kind of opulence shouldn't be allowed to exist in a Catholic school system.