Trinity/St. X/Male 2007 Schedule

KWG88

I noticed some mentioning the price of stadiums and how that will affect teams play. The fact is that money, stadiums, and popularity don't make great players. Heart and determination make winners. X has played in Manual Stadium forever and dominated. Trinity recieved Marshall stadium and only continued excellent seasons. High School athletes love the game, play for the feeling you get after working hard, and to develope friendships. Amazing field or horrible field, Louisville High School athletes play full speed all the time. I hope all teams keep up the good work, no matter where they play or what name is on their jersey.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to slight the Track & Field athletes, but I hate watching football games with a track between the stands and the field.

I agree. I understand the economics of adding a track but it really detracts from the football stadium. I'm sure that X's facility will be state of the art, as I'm sure money is no object over on Poplar Level road.

Not to slight the Track & Field athletes, but I hate watching football games with a track between the stands and the field.

Most of the better football field around Louisville have tracks (ie. Male & Manual). As long as the stands are elevated to compensate for the track ,(which the new St.X stadium will) the view is as good or better as a field without a track. I like the idea of a multi-purpose stadium and feel that good track facilities only enhance a school's total sports program.

I agree. I understand the economics of adding a track but it really detracts from the football stadium. I'm sure that X's facility will be state of the art, as I'm sure money is no object over on Poplar Level road.

Money is an object at any private school. Looking at the plans, the facility appears to be first class, but it is coming with a lot of sacrifice and sweat equity. X gets nothing from taxpayers coffers, and historically they were not subsidized by the Archdiocese to the extent of other schools (Not that the Archdiocese was out to "get them"-they were an order school, not a diocesan school). Over the past few years X has been treated more equitably by the Archdiocese.

Most of the better football field around Louisville have tracks (ie. Male & Manual). As long as the stands are elevated to compensate for the track ,(which the new St.X stadium will) the view is as good or better as a field without a track. I like the idea of a multi-purpose stadium and feel that good track facilities only enhance a school's total sports program.

My alma mater (LSU) plays in a trackless facility and I consider it one of the finest football venues in the world. JMO. It seems odd that more colleges don't build their stadiums with tracks to take advantage of those "good or better" sight lines. To each his own.

Most colleges also have the room for seperate facilities and the financial means to afford them. X does not have the former.

I too don't buy the better sight lines and would prefer a trackless stadium, however it will be the best in the state, even with the track, when it is complete.

Back to the thread "Trinity/St. X/Male 2007 Schedule". Male and Trinity posters may be able to inform: Why do these schools not meet regularly in season? It would seem to be a natural. Has the matchup occured to neither school, or does one school balk?

Back to the thread "Trinity/St. X/Male 2007 Schedule". Male and Trinity posters may be able to inform: Why do these schools not meet regularly in season? It would seem to be a natural. Has the matchup occured to neither school, or does one school balk?

The last scheduled regular season match-up was in 2001. Male backed out. Trinity was unable to fill the void and had only nine regular season games. Trinity went 13-1 defeating Male in the final to win state title #13.

I don't know why they don't play regularly. They did play a 2 game series in 1995-96.

That's it.:thumb:

Thanks. What I am wondering now is if there is any impetus, or has been since '01, for these two teams to play?

By the way, were there hard feelings when "Male backed out [and] Trinity was unable to fill the void and had only nine regular season games."? Did Male give a reason?

Thanks. What I am wondering now is if there is any impetus, or has been since '01, for these two teams to play?

By the way, were there hard feelings when "Male backed out [and] Trinity was unable to fill the void and had only nine regular season games."? Did Male give a reason?

I'm sure Trinity wasn't pleased. The next two years we went north and played Elder and Cincy X and started going south to play MBA. With Manual and X there probably just wasn't room for another game. I think Trinity got its payback, if any was warranted, to Male in 2001, 2002 and 2006.