Mason County 84 Bracken County 43

Great bench play tonight, especially from senior Kasey Hale who added 10 points and 5 rebounds.

I think the rest of the scoring looked something like:

D. Chambers - 19

Cline - 14

T. Chambers - 13

Litzinger - 12

Hale - 10

K. Menke - 6

Harris - 4

Bailey Menke - 3

Blaine Menke - 2

A lot of players hit the scoring column, all but 1 I believe, and balanced scoring from the starters.

They came out with energy and got the job done, but the main thing was they didn't get in foul trouble, with the exception of T. Chambers, who picked up an early 2.

Scoring for Mason County:

D. Chambers 20, T. Chambers 13, Litzinger 12, Cline 14, K. Menke 6, Hale 10, Harris 4, Ba. Menke 3, Bl. Menke 2

Bracken County:

#55 - 2, #34 - 14, #3 - 2, #31 - 9, #10 - 2, #20 - 8, #22 - 6; sorry I don't know the names.

Scores at quarter stops:

23-3, 47-13 at half, 63-30 after 3, 84-43 final.

Mason County led 21-0 five minutes into the game, and 55-15 three minutes into the third. Dressed 10 players tonight, and all saw significant minutes. Hale named Subway player of the game for her 10 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

Bracken County's #34 is a very nice player, by far the best on the floor tonight for the Polar Bears; has a very smooth shot and is athletic. #31 played a good game down low; #20 had 7 points in the second half and #22 had 6 in the second half. Bracken had trouble shooting; was 0-20 from three point range; 24 turnovers led to 27 Mason County points.

Nice to see Mason County's bench get lots of PT; 19 points is by far a season-high off the bench for the Lady Royals.

Mason County way too athletic tonight; seemed like every rebound and loose ball in the first half went their way. 24 offensive rebounds on the night; along with lots of deflections. Even with Torrey Chambers in foul trouble early, the Lady Royals coasted. Didn't have to press much tonight, played much more zone defense than usual.

Lady Royals don't play at home until January 19th, good luck in the holiday tournaments!

I think Bracken will be a lot better by the end of the year. They still aren't going to beat Mason co. but should be respectable

I'm sure they will. Just too much athleticism from the Lady Royals tonight. #55 had a tough time getting into a groove tonight for BC, and it seemed like their point guard had a lot of passes deflected or swatted away. The first half just snowballed; the Lady Polar Bears looked much better in the second half.

And as I said before, #34 is a player. If she hadn't picked up her fourth foul fairly early, she would have scored 20.

Wow! Thats what I call a trip to the woodshed. :DMaybe this shellacking will stop all the talk about Bracken being a sleeper in the 10th region.

I dont recall anyone calling us a sleeper but OK. I think we'll be good, but we wont compete with Montgomery or Mason or even Brossart. Anyone else... I like our chances.

#31 Ahrens(sp?) for BC last night came off the bench and gave some valuable minutes and I believe with some work on some post moves she could really open up the outside game for BC, although they were frigid from behind the arc last night. Ahrens looked as if she could only go left, if she could change directions and mix it up she could be effective down in the paint for the Lady Bears. She has good hands and a nice touch within 5 feet of the basket.

#34 is a good player, although most of her points came in the fourth quarter when there was some younger kids in the lineup for Mason. Its early in the year and BC will be much better as the year goes by. Its tough to suffer losses such as last night, but I have found through experience and down that road before, you learn each night about your players and what personel to have on the floor at certain times in the game, and then you take it to the practice floor and get better. Bracken will be fine, they are well coached.

[/b]

I dont recall anyone calling us a sleeper but OK. I think we'll be good, but we wont compete with Montgomery or Mason or even Brossart. Anyone else... I like our chances.

In the Bracken Co. Dayton thread you say could they be a darkhorse. Sleeper is pretty much the same thing