Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9TH Region Memory Lane

Featured Replies

Who was the better 9th region female player Sandy Johnson or Jamie Walz

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the better 9th region female player Sandy Johnson or Jamie Walz

 

I don't think it is a matter of which of these two are better but who would be the 2nd best player, meaning Jamie Walz has to be above any and all players in the 9th region.

 

Refresh my memory but when and where did Sandy Johnson play.

Is Sandy Johnson aka "Tiny"? Also, don't forget about some pre-title IX supers: Donna Murphy and Lori Edgington...off the top of my head..

There have been a lot of great players in the 9th, but c'mon! 4948 points and over 1000 rebounds and 1000 assists.:eek:

It's tough to argue the number one....but I thought the thread was simply "9th region memory lane"....anyway, relative to stats only...she did have an extra season or two and a three point line.... :) and, ladies like the two I mentioned didn't even get to use the gym until the boys felt like giving it to them...these girls could play. It would be interesting to see their talent in the same circumstance as some of the younger great ones...just a happy memory...that's all!

I still want to know who Sandy Johnson is?

 

Here are some names I can think of and sorry if I leave anyone out:

My top 5 w/others

1.Walz

2.Murphy

3.Hill

4.Hallman

5.Warfield

Edgington

Klete

Cottrel

Couple more from Conner, names I have forgotten

I still want to know who Sandy Johnson is?

 

Here are some names I can think of and sorry if I leave anyone out:

My top 5 w/others

1.Walz

2.Murphy

3.Hill

4.Hallman

5.Warfield

Edgington

Klete

Cottrel

Couple more from Conner, names I have forgotten

 

I'm thinking of a very good little guard from Holmes circa 1987 ish...she was very good! Her nickname was 'Tiny'...I think some 'other' issues caused her career to get sidetracked... I don't know if I'm way off...but that's who I think it is?

  • Author

Yes that was her and alot of people called her tiny

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm thinking of a very good little guard from Holmes circa 1987

ish...she was very good! Her nickname was 'Tiny'...I think some 'other' issues caused her career to get sidetracked... I don't know if I'm way off...but that's who I think it is?

It's tough to argue the number one....but I thought the thread was simply "9th region memory lane"....anyway, relative to stats only...she did have an extra season or two and a three point line.... :) and, ladies like the two I mentioned didn't even get to use the gym until the boys felt like giving it to them...these girls could play. It would be interesting to see their talent in the same circumstance as some of the younger great ones...just a happy memory...that's all!

 

 

I dont think so. Saw her play once at Mason County. She was the best shooter in the gym that night, and Mason Co.'s boys played University Heights in the nightcap!

I dont think so. Saw her play once at Mason County. She was the best shooter in the gym that night, and Mason Co.'s boys played University Heights in the nightcap!

 

 

So, are you saying that Sandy Johnson was the best 9th region player or she was the best shooter that one night?

I dont think so. Saw her play once at Mason County. She was the best shooter in the gym that night, and Mason Co.'s boys played University Heights in the nightcap!

 

So you're saying it's tough to argue that Jaime is not the best? Which is what I was saying.. so you're agreeing with me?

Jamie Walz hands down.

If I'm starting a team, I take Hallman first.

 

Disclaimer: I did not see enough of Donna Murphy to make a judgment.

So you're saying it's tough to argue that Jaime is not the best? Which is what I was saying.. so you're agreeing with me?

 

 

Im saying there's no question that Jamie Walz is the best in the history of the 9th region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.