Schiano tells Miami he's not leaving Rutgers.

woodsrider

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he is holding out for the Penn State job once Coach Paterno is finally finished. I really thought that he would take the Miami job. I guess next on the list might be Petrino.

I'm not saying that Petrino will never leave Louisville. But I doubt he will leave to coach the snakepit that is the University of Miami.

Right not the Miami job does seem to be the snakepit, but also, you have to remember that when it is good down there it is really good.
They can't pay Petrino what he makes in Louisville, on top of buyouts in the contracts.

I think he made a smart decision. He has it made at Rutgers even though he isn't making as much money. He has job security and the administration is behind him. Sitting where he is sitting he could have a national power in a few years and wouldn't have to worry about being fired for one bad season. Maybe he is building the Gonzaga of College football?

I think he made a smart decision. He has it made at Rutgers even though he isn't making as much money. He has job security and the administration is behind him. Sitting where he is sitting he could have a national power in a few years and wouldn't have to worry about being fired for one bad season. Maybe he is building the Gonzaga of College football?
Gonzaga doesn't play in a major conference.

Gonzaga doesn't play in a major conference.

I was talking about a coach taking a team that was a nobody and turning them into a contender every year. I don't care about what conference they play in I just think he could get whatever he wanted where he is right now. They are already in discussion on expanding the stadium.

Although I agree on the points of job security and all, he will never be playing for a NT at Rutgers. Miami is a school that expects to be in the NT every year. At the beginning of this year many picked them to be in the hunt. It just didn't happen. Miami is still one of the premier jobs in the county and I can't understand Schiano passing to stay at Rutgers.