Who's your picks for the college playoffs?

The Professor

I have watched Utah twice and Oklahoma three times. If they play each other I think Oklahoma wins in a close one.

Oklahoma also beats them in basic every area on a resume too, besides for defense. Utah also has played one team currently that is ranked and they lost.

At the end of the day it will play out on the field. As I believe Oregon will go out and beat Utah, and kind of make this debate mute.

Oklahoma has a better resume, Utah has a better team. But I am in the same line of thinking of you though, that Oregon May very well win this weekend and it won’t matter. I’m not sold on Oklahoma. They turn the ball over way too much and haven’t played consistent for 4 quarters in 2 months.

I was really impressed by Utah, first time I saw them was against Colorado though. I think the thing is Oklahoma will beat Baylor by 2 TDs and Oregon vs Utah will be pretty close, maybe Oregon wins. This will put Oklahoma in.

1. LSU

2. OSU

3. Clemson

4. Oklahoma

I think OSU is better than LSU, but they’ll put LSU at 1 when they beat Georgia.

I think OSU is better than LSU, but they’ll put LSU at 1 when they beat Georgia.

I've gone round and round with this. Part of me sees this exactly as you have it...LSU beats Georgia, they go to #1.

But the other part of me says this...the committee already has OSU over LSU entering this past weekend. LSU won big Saturday, but over an A&M team that already had 4 losses. OSU on the other hand, throttled the 13th ranked Wolverines in the Big House. So, whatever edge OSU had over LSU, you'd think it'd have gotten at least a little bit bigger. And even though LSU is playing the #4 team in their conference championship, OSU will be playing someone again close to the top 10. A convincing win by the Bucks again over the Badgers could still leave them at #1, I think.

I think the media really wants a PAC 12 team in the playoffs. If LSU beats UGA I think there will be a big push for the Utah/Oregon winner at 4. Oklahoma got in controversially over OSU so I think the committee will pass over them this time. The Kansas State loss hurt big.

Oklahoma has a better resume, Utah has a better team. But I am in the same line of thinking of you though, that Oregon May very well win this weekend and it won’t matter. I’m not sold on Oklahoma. They turn the ball over way too much and haven’t played consistent for 4 quarters in 2 months.

Watching the game tonight Utah is who i thought they were. A good team but not as good as their ranking. Definitely benefitted from not playing really anyone this year.

I’m still not big in Oregon either. In fact I would take both Big 12 teams Oklahoma and Baylor over these two teams.