Who will Ohio State play in the BCS CHampionship?

LRCW

Who will Ohio State play in the Fiesta Bowl?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Ohio State play in the Fiesta Bowl?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but I think the only team this year capable of beating OSU is OSU.

I agree:thumb: It is hard to pick who will win the National Championship. It is like a new season. It has been a long time between games for OSU so I do not know what to expect from them. The best thing about the layoff is that is gives underclassmen more learning time and injuries have time to heal.

They are the champs...but I promise that they aren't nearly one of the best around.

Are you kidding? I know your dislike for OSU but this statement simply can't be justified. I would be interested to know how you came to your conclusion. OSU is playing for a National Championship and are deserving of the chance to do so.

Are you kidding? I know your dislike for OSU but this statement simply can't be justified. I would be interested to know how you came to your conclusion. OSU is playing for a National Championship and are deserving of the chance to do so.

I think that last year's OSU team was better, this defense is not very good...but Florida turns it over...so I look for OSU to be the champs.

Week 15 AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (65) 12-0 1,625

2. Florida 12-1 1,529

3. Michigan 11-1 1,526

4. LSU 10-2 1,365

5. Louisville 11-1 1,333

Week 15 USA Today Poll

1. Ohio State (62) 12-0 1,550

2. Florida 12-1 1,470

3. Michigan 11-1 1,444

4. LSU 10-2 1,299

5. Wisconsin 11-1 1,263

6. Louisville 11-1 1,223

Not that these really matter but here they are...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

ESPN.com - NCF - 2006 College Football Rankings - Week 15

I think that last year's OSU team was better, this defense is not very good...but Florida turns it over...so I look for OSU to be the champs.

While last years defense was great, the most points this team had scored on them 17 until the Michigan game. One 12 point, 10 points twice, 6 games w/ single digits, and 1 shutout. Michigan, the #2 team at the time, scored 39 points on the Bucks, the only team to even give them a contest. They held the defending nat'l champs to 12 points. This defense may not be the best, but to say they are not very good is not being realistic.

All we heard from everyone was that OSU could not win this season because they lost to much on the defensive side of the ball. This years team proved many wrong. To say that this years defense is not very good is not justified. You can not go undefeated and win the conference championship without a solid defensive performance and this years Buckeyes did just that. They may not have been spectacular but they got the job done when needed. Whether you are a OSU fan or not you have to respect what they accomplished. I hope they can win the National Title but I am concerned about the long layoff.

All we heard from everyone was that OSU could not win this season because they lost to much on the defensive side of the ball. This years team proved many wrong. To say that this years defense is not very good is not justified. You can not go undefeated and win the conference championship without a solid defensive performance and this years Buckeyes did just that. They may not have been spectacular but they got the job done when needed. Whether you are a OSU fan or not you have to respect what they accomplished. I hope they can win the National Title but I am concerned about the long layoff.

:thumb: Good post cville, I agree. By the way, you better get rid of that avatar - that old man has cost me a lot of money through the years.:eek: :D :lol: