WrestleMania 2020

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Night one was okay.

Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss won the womens tag team championship.

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins.

Becky Lynch defeated Shayna Bazsler to retain Raw womens championship.

Braun Strowman defeated Goldberg to win Universal Championship.

Undertaker defeated AJ Styles in Bone Yard March

Mojo Rawley defeated R-Truth to win the 24/7 title.

Bone Yard March was pretty cool. Really liked the ending.

I wish they would have went back to Rollin by Limp Bizkit for Undertaker's entrance. Have no idea what his new theme song is.

I didn’t watch any of this, but from what I read, the Undertaker/Styles match made the most of this departure from the fans in the stands experience, and did a really cool concept match. I’m guessing the rest of it was much rougher.

I wish they would have went back to Rollin by Limp Bizkit for Undertaker's entrance. Have no idea what his new theme song is.

I went looking after this post - I’m pretty sure it’s the same one as his Big Evil era. Rollin’ was from the American BA era, when he first debuted the motorcycle theme.

Side note - that search led me to watch the video of his Wrestlemania XX entrance, when he moved on from American BA back to his Deadman character. IMO it is the greatest entrance (and return) in the history of the WWE. From when Paul Bearer screams “OH YESSSSSSS” to start it to when you hear the gong and the Deadman walks out - I get goosebumps every time.

As stated, the Undertaker/AJ match was a nice change of pace and added a lot to the show. Other than the awful Goldberg/Braun match the rest was really solid from a wrestling standpoint just hard to get emotionally involved without the fan reactions. Owens/Rollins was good as was the triple threat ladder match. Bryan/Zayn was hard hitting and good wrestling. Overall I'm glad they were able to go on with the show to give us something different to watch, and you could tell the performers were working hard to bring it. I think tonight's card will be even better.