Where does Ryle rank in 4A NKY the past 10 years?

Ryle was the best 4A NKY school this year. That being said anyone of the teams that went to the playoffs ( Ryle, Boone, Dixie, Campbell Co. ) would have all advanced to the State Championship with ease.

Your right but Conners first round game in '03 wasn't exactly a powerhouse...very similar team to what Ryle faced going through this years playoff.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares????? Ryle beat the teams put in front of them. Congratulate the young men. Stop being jealous. All this thread is is sour grapes for having to play Trinity to get out of the Region for years. It isn't like that anymore, Ryle had the best team in NKY 4A this year. They made it to the finals. It's further than I ever made it as a player, and I'm happy for them.

I think you are missing the hole point of Bluegrasspreps...Its a discussion, we shouldnt hold symapthy for players that may be on this board. Ryle had a great year, but they werent a great team. And I dont think Orignal Rookie has anything to be jealous about!?!?!?! This is a good thread and we are not trying to bash ryle

That being said anyone of the teams that went to the playoffs ( Ryle, Boone, Dixie, Campbell Co. ) would have all advanced to the State Championship with ease.

Wow. If that's true, that may have been the weakest half of a 4-A bracket ever, and they need to go back to splitting the Louisville regions.

Wow. If that's true, that may have been the weakest half of a 4-A bracket ever, and they need to go back to splitting the Louisville regions.

Obviously no one has seen teams like Henderson, and Meade Co. you guys consistently have been putting them towards the end of the TOP 10 polls now, and in reality I would bet Henderson, and Meade Co. were in the 25-30 range or the rankings. They were BAD. Ryle could of named the scores against both of them. Ryle had competition every week in district play that's why I find it really hard to believe that ANY of the 4A teams that went in the playoffs could have advanced to the Championship game like Ryle did.

Obviously no one has seen teams like Henderson, and Meade Co. you guys consistently have been putting them towards the end of the TOP 10 polls now, and in reality I would bet Henderson, and Meade Co. were in the 25-30 range or the rankings. They were BAD. Ryle could of named the scores against both of them. Ryle had competition every week in district play that's why I find it really hard to believe that ANY of the 4A teams that went in the playoffs could have advanced to the Championship game like Ryle did.

:thumb: Heading into the playoffs Ryle wasn't a clear favorite to make it out of NKY.

Dixie was one of Trinity's toughest games in 02 as well. Rocks won 31-16 I think. Considering how good that Rock squad was, thats not too bad.

The muffed punt early in the 2nd half was really the turning point in that game. Also, add into the fact that Dixie couldn't stop the fake punt (Brohm was the punter). That 02 squad was better offensively than the 04 squad, but defensively, the 04 squad was a little better.

I would take both of those squads over this year's Ryle's squad simply because Ryle has problems coming back when down. The lack of a passing attack really hurt them this year. However, they had a great year, and they were definitely the best 4A team in NKY this year.

I agree. The Ryle team this year did what the Conner '03 team couldn't, and that was advance in the playoffs so I will give them that. But, I can't say I know much about their '04 team though, I didn't even see them play.

Yeah, but if you look at it ... the 06 ryle team and the 03/04 Conner teams both played the same amount of louisville teams (1) with the same result a loss.