Clemson at Louisville Predictions/Updates

Getslow

Who wins and why?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

Well... here we go.

Cardinals are a 22-point underdog (which is a small victory in itself as Louisville was a 39.5-point underdog in this game last year).

It's a noon kickoff at Cardinal Stadium.

To me, the question is whether Louisville's red-hot offense can put enough points on the board to keep this respectable. Clemson will score at will.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of that 39.5-point spread from last year's game... it wasn't even close.

Louisville limped out of South Carolina with a 77-16 loss, the midpoint of a losing streak in which they surrendered at least 50 points to six of seven opponents.

There are still vestiges of those defensive nightmares in the paper-thin unit Louisville is trotting out there now, but the offense is miles ahead of where it was last year.

Still... it feels like an entirely different world after these last two weeks. SP+ has Louisville's expected wins up to 6.3 and has the Cardinals with a 78% chance of going to a bowl game.

Clemson -22 is shocking to me.

I think you'd have to admit, while undefeated, they've looked a little "meh" at times this year. Bored, almost, if I had to put a word on it. Louisville and UNC are about a 5 - 6 point separation right now. We know how that game turned out.

Now, could Clemson decide to come into Papa John's and unleash some sort of armageddon-like fury on the Cards? Sure. However, that hasn't been their M.O. for much of the year.

I wouldn't touch this game at Clemson -22, but if I HAD to, I'd take UL and the points since I have the game at a 21 point margin.

Which Clemson will show up? I’m thinking slow start for the Tigers on the road but they pull away. Louisville will have a couple scores with their skill guys breaking to the outside.

Clemson 34

Louisville 17