Bishop Brossart 70 Silver Grove 59

Back & forth game early. Lots and lots of fouls on both teams. Lost track in the second half, and the last 1:30 lasted 20 minutes. Brossart built a 19 point lead with 3:00 to go, and SG went on a 10-0 run on two 3's and 4 free throws by Pelle. Pelle sat the 2nd quarter with foul trouble and Brossart without Nathan Mutsch--a precaution due to a nagging injury. Typical sloppy first game. SG is going to be fun to watch this year, as they play wide open!! The Scott-SG game might hit the 100's!!

Silver Grove plays wide open style and don't go away. Will factor in 37th District race. Must be respected!!!

Brossart was consistent on offense scoring 14-14-14-28

SG's Justin Pelle is as billed - 28 points (unofficially) despite sitting entire second quarter due to foul trouble. Teddy Wiseman 17.

Brossart - Troy Cooper 22, Bryan Niemeyer 20, and Jimmy Uebel 11

Game of momentum swings/lots of fouls/many turnovers.

Pelle scored the majority of his points in the last three minutes of the game.

Cooper and Uebel sat alot in the first half both being in foul trouble also. Pelle seemed to be back to his old style of ball, not playing with poise and committing alot of fouls. Once he regains his composure, it will benifit him and also his team.

I really think the officials struggled with the speed of the game? Must have called 45-50 fouls (and missed another 25--LOL), but surprisingly I think only one player fouled out and that was late. Corey does play out-of-control at times, but is still quite a player. He'll drop 40+ on a couple teams this year!!

I really think the officials struggled with the speed of the game? Must have called 45-50 fouls (and missed another 25--LOL), but surprisingly I think only one player fouled out and that was late. Corey does play out-of-control at times, but is still quite a player. He'll drop 40+ on a couple teams this year!!

That is exactly my point, he is a player. Last year he seemed to play with much better control. I think he is a much better player when he's in control and will make his team better also.

That is exactly my point, he is a player. Last year he seemed to play with much better control. I think he is a much better player when he's in control and will make his team better also.

He may have tried to do too much early, but he'll be fine.

The Grove is going to turn a few heads this year. I hear alot of good things about the trains. Does anyone know if Tony Bacigalupo is the youngest varsity coach in the state? He is 24 and in his his second season. He knows how to win. If you remember he was a starter for NewCath in 99-00 when the Breds won All A State and the 9th reigon. NewCath only lost like 3 or 4 games that year. He has been there before and knows what it is going to take to get the Big Trains rolling. I know he doesn't have the best talent in the world to work with but I think they will make some noise. GO TRAINS!!:thumb:

Does anyone know if Tony Bacigalupo is the youngest varsity coach in the state? He is 24 and in his second season.

I know for a fact that he was last year and ASSUME that he would be again this year.

Tony does an excellent job with the hand that he has been dealt, which isn't all that shabby. I'm anxious to watch the Trains/Camels on the 5th in the Middle School gym and again when they play Scott.

Back & forth game early. Lots and lots of fouls on both teams. Lost track in the second half, and the last 1:30 lasted 20 minutes. Brossart built a 19 point lead with 3:00 to go, and SG went on a 10-0 run on two 3's and 4 free throws by Pelle. Pelle sat the 2nd quarter with foul trouble and Brossart without Nathan Mutsch--a precaution due to a nagging injury. Typical sloppy first game. SG is going to be fun to watch this year, as they play wide open!! The Scott-SG game might hit the 100's!!

Maybe Brossart relaxed a little bit with the 19 point lead. Plus, factor in the lead probably would have been more if Mutsch would have played.

Pelle is a very good player, but IMO SG will not beat Scott or Campbell this year.

Sounds like a typical Brossard/Grove game.. .I 'll bet the stands were packed down in Groverville. Pelle will drop 40 on some teams this year. I was a little surprised by the score but not surprised by the game Cooper had. Hitting 14 free throws is very impressive.

Who is this Niemeyer kid? he had a nice game dropping 20 pts in.

Bryan Niemeyer is a good player and a good kid. I know his family and they are very good people.

Bryan is around 6'5" and might be the difference maker for Brossart this year, which could give them a better opportunity to win the 10th region.

Maybe Brossart relaxed a little bit with the 19 point lead. Plus, factor in the lead probably would have been more if Mutsch would have played.

Pelle is a very good player, but IMO SG will not beat Scott or Campbell this year.

Brian Neimeyer more than filled in for the ailing Nathan Mutsch.

Brian has come into his own and will be a great asset comeing off the bench this year, spelling Troy Cooper and Nathan Mutsch, if in fact he doesnt just flat out take one of their jobs. I am so happy for Neimeyer and he had a whale of a game. He is comeing into form , just when Brossart needs him, the senoir run on the "ALL A" and 10th region run to RUPP!! This is even more possible with Brian playing the way he has in practice and now in the first game. Golfer, yep he is a star, now he is a two sport star. :dancingpa