Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaning toward Pikeville by 3-4 scores, but that's what I thought about their game with Paintsville. The eastern half of 1A is a lot murkier than it was at this time last week. Raceland received a standing eight count after the Russell game, but bounced back nicely against Rowan County, displaying the resilience I knew they had. And Paintsville showed us that Pikeville might not be looking down at the rest of 1A from as high a perch as we originally thought. This is just another in a series of games this season that will shed some light on the eastern half of this class.

I can picture a close game up for grabs in the fourth quarter, or the 3-4 score margin I mentioned above. Either way, I'm taking the Panthers. It's at their place, and I think they have too many difference makers in that offense. McNamee's got to be the QB we saw versus Mingo Central, though, and not the one we saw against Paintsville. He didn't look so hot last week.

Looking at this game as anything other than just the next game on the schedule is a mistake. If Raceland comes out of this first 6 games 3-3 that will be a huge accomplishment. This will give you zero as to what a playoff game will be lime in a rematch. Hughes did a great job last week and I hope they pull the upset but Heighton is a difference maker back there. Pikeville 35- Rams 14

If nothing else Paintsville gave the recipe to beat Pikeville.

- Win the LOS on Defense.

- Run downhill on Offense.

- Pressure MacNamee heavy when in obvious passing situations.

- Force Hensley to beat you 15 yards at a time and not 55 yards at a time.