Seattle 21 Cincinnati 20

Zero problem with the play calls today. They played aggressive all day. I guanrtee on that 3rd and goal from the 16, if they attempt a pass in the endzone with Seattle playing the end zone on third goal and they pick it. People fuss because how could you take that chance on 3rd and goal from the 16, when your defense was playing that well. They made it to where they were down one, and the defense did get a 3 and out right after. The offense just did nothing with it.

That fumble by Erickson set up the first Seahawks td. Then Dalton losing the ball right after the Bengals got a turnover were huge plays. Dalton played a really good game, but he has to hit that 3rd and 1 throw to a wide open Boyd. That was a great call, the type of call you see winning teams make. He has to hit it.

Bengals out played them, but 3 to 4 plays cost them big time.

I believe it was Tiger Johnson who said the difference between winning and losing an NFL game is usually 3-4 plays.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t we retain Darrin Simmons? If so that’s the answer.

We did and that was my point. We made all these changes, but the one change we didn't make was to the special teams coordinator who has been here since Marvin first got here. Which special teams played a big role in the lost today.

The lost sucks. Bright spots though, I believe the defense held them to under 250 yards. It seemed like most teams had that after the first half last year. They can't have that miscommunication happen though that ultimately ended up being the game winning score.

Offensively even while playing in one of the loudest stadium in the NFL. The Bengals I don't believe had any false starts, and only one holding penalty. Sadly the holding penalty ended up being a huge one.

I don't think anyone myself included would have ever thought Dalton would throw for 400 yards behind this line and with no Green. Taylor did a great job using him and getting guys open. This offense can be a very dangerous offense once Green is back, and if Ross gets more consistent. He had a great day, but still left 3 more big plays out there with drops.

Zero problem with the play calls today. They played aggressive all day. I guanrtee on that 3rd and goal from the 16, if they attempt a pass in the endzone with Seattle playing the end zone on third goal and they pick it. People fuss because how could you take that chance on 3rd and goal from the 16, when your defense was playing that well. They made it to where they were down one, and the defense did get a 3 and out right after. The offense just did nothing with it.

That fumble by Erickson set up the first Seahawks td. Then Dalton losing the ball right after the Bengals got a turnover were huge plays. Dalton played a really good game, but he has to hit that 3rd and 1 throw to a wide open Boyd. That was a great call, the type of call you see winning teams make. He has to hit it.

Bengals out played them, but 3 to 4 plays cost them big time.

Not fussing about third down. On second down, we ran a sweep with Barnard to the left from about the five against the Seattle Seahawks, that went no where. Plus Smith got a holding call. This call had no change. If you did not have a problem with this call, then I guess you really don't care if they win or not.

Bullock had the longest consecutive field goal streak inside the 50 in the NFL coming into today's game. I believe they said he had made 15 consecutive inside the 50. No special teams coach in the NFL is cutting him coming into this season.

He also had a stretch in the middle of the year last year while the Bengals were still in it. Where he was missing kicks, that completely killed them in games. However, you are right he did make them at the end of the year when the season was over and the Bengals were losing by double digits in games.

Not fussing about third down. On second down, we ran a sweep with Barnard to the left from about the five against the Seattle Seahawks, that went no where. Plus Smith got a holding call. This call had no change. If you did not have a problem with this call, then I guess you really don't care if they win or not.

Your problem is with Bernard as you shared in the prediction thread. Which is why I get why you don't like the call, because you feel he is a waste to give the ball to. Even though the few decent runs they had today came from him not Mixon.

No problem with the call, Seattle was killing them in the middle. He thought they could get outside on them, and catch them off guard since the Bengals were so pass heavy today. It didn't work, which happens. Just like passing the ball inside the 6 yard like is hard as can be in such a tight space.

However, as I said knowing how you feel about Bernard makes sense why you feel that way. However, just because someone doesn't share your opinion, doesn't mean you were wanting them to win and I wasn't.

We did and that was my point. We made all these changes, but the one change we didn't make was to the special teams coordinator who has been here since Marvin first got here. Which special teams played a big role in the lost today.

I’m not sure what the reasoning was with keeping him either. The only thing that resembled the, “same old Bengals” today was the special teams. The offense looked fun and exciting, the defense was tearing up the Seattle O Line and while not perfect we’re in position to make plays almost all day except for the Lockett TD. It just doesn’t make sense to keep Simmons around.

With a healthy AJ Green I think the Bengals have a top 3-4 receiving corp in the league. Boyd is as reliable as any player in the league and John Ross is showing flashes of who we thought he would be. If he’s our 3rd guy I really like this team on offense.

With a healthy AJ Green I think the Bengals have a top 3-4 receiving corp in the league. Boyd is as reliable as any player in the league and John Ross is showing flashes of who we thought he would be. If he’s our 3rd guy I really like this team on offense.

Maybe a day like today will give Ross a little more sense of catch and then run. His career has so many miscues as he takes his eyes off the ball to elude the defender, or he has teeeeeny hands?

Guys the second the missed FG snap came back, I thought there was a slight mishandle by Erickson(?) causing Bullock to alter his steps. Didn't tape it so I can't say for sure. Did anybody else see it? Or, am I wrong?

You are correct.

And with a bunch of guys on here, completely outplayed Seattle for most of the game, left too many points on the field with critical screwups which seems to be this organizations identity, should’ve won the game, not a fan of moral victories.

Williams is just a HORRIBLE safety in space, HOW can you come up and jump a 12 yd crossing route and let the other team’s best receiver run right by you from the slot, he had to be in your vision, but, he’s done stuff like that ever since he’s been here so why should I expect it to change??

Williams is just a HORRIBLE safety in space, HOW can you come up and jump a 12 yd crossing route and let the other team’s best receiver run right by you from the slot, he had to be in your vision, but, he’s done stuff like that ever since he’s been here so why should I expect it to change??

That was Bates that came up not Williams. With that said it truly may have been his fault. However when a player gets that wide open, its obviously a miscommunication. So for me I have a hard time blaming one specific player, when we don't know what their job was suppose to be on the play the DC called. Especially as bad as these announcers were today, it's hard to take them for what their word is when they say what was suppose to happen.