Scott County 72 Great Crossing 7

Boyle County was playing a completely mis-matched game against Iroquois on Saturday. They were up 29-0 in the first 6 or 7 minutes of the game, and yet they only won 36-0 after substituting heavily after the first quarter. I realize a lot of teams want to keep their starters in for longer than 1 quarter in order to give them more live-game experience moving through their football season, but there is still something to be said for not kicking someone when they're down. Coach Smith and the Rebels seemed to have that figured out. It seems to me that Coach McKee and the Cardinals did not. This one looks more to me like Scott County was trying to embarrass their new neighbor.

With the knowledge of what Collins did to Shelby County right after they opened, and what South Oldham did to Oldham County right after they opened, I think this was more so just Scott County trying to show that they are still a high caliber team that is capable of a deep playoff run. Classy? No. But I think I can understand why they did it.

I think people are making a bigger deal of this than the people that were actually involved in the game. Paul Raines is one of Jim McKee's closest friends in the game and I'm sure they talked about this being a possible outcome before it happened. Also, we need to remember that there are a lot of kids on Great Crossing that were on Scott County last year when the Cardinals were doing these same things to other teams. So they know how SC operates.

SC plays Lafayette this week and that probably won't be much of a game either so at some point your guys need to play to get ready for games that you'll need them. A night that was 68 degrees and in front of 5k fans sounds like the best situation to me.

I think people are making a bigger deal of this than the people that were actually involved in the game. Paul Raines is one of Jim McKee's closest friends in the game and I'm sure they talked about this being a possible outcome before it happened. Also, we need to remember that there are a lot of kids on Great Crossing that were on Scott County last year when the Cardinals were doing these same things to other teams. So they know how SC operates.

SC plays Lafayette this week and that probably won't be much of a game either so at some point your guys need to play to get ready for games that you'll need them. A night that was 68 degrees and in front of 5k fans sounds like the best situation to me.

So if I am following, you are saying people are making a big deal out of Scott County running up the score against Great Grossing because as you stated in bold above running up the score is how Scott County operates and with some former Scott County players now at Great Crossing they/people should know Scott County runs up the score against other teams too?

So if am following, you are saying people are making a big deal out of Scott County running up the score against Great Grossing because as you stated in bold above running up the score is how Scott County operates and with some former Scott County players now at Great Crossing they/people should know Scott County runs up the score against other teams too?

After re-reading my post, it isn't clear. A lot of the Great Crossing players are former Scott County players and as Cardinals they ran up the score a lot on teams. It is just something they do.

After re-reading my post, it isn't clear. A lot of the Great Crossing players are former Scott County players and as Cardinals they ran up the score a lot on teams. It is just something they do.

Actually I think what you said in both posts is pretty clear, Scott County runs up the score. :bunny: