Bengals 23 Redskins 13 (Preseason)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah .. wah ... wah ... it's an ugly world. Going 8 for 8, converting key 3rd downs and scoring a TD still is something to complain about.

Way, Wah, Wah. How did Mr Finley look on the series? Never threw a pass ten yards. Threw two straight terrible and bought Malone killed. On third down, it was third and ten and we never had a chance at a first. What kind of offense do you have in the NFL when you can't throw it beyond ten yards on third down.

Another receiver that runs untouched right down the field and runs away from the safety for an easy touchdown. Did we pass on Haskins?

Finley was 8 for 8.

I could be 8 for 8 on ten yard passes. Throw it down the field.

Wah .. wah ... wah ... it's an ugly world. Going 8 for 8, converting key 3rd downs and scoring a TD still is something to complain about.

Way, Wah, Wah. How did Mr Finley look on the series? Never threw a pass ten yards. Threw two straight terrible and bought Malone killed. On third down, it was third and ten and we never had a chance at a first. What kind of offense do you have in the NFL when you can't throw it beyond ten yards on third down.

I knew I should have stayed out of here and just kept watching. However, at least the same people are consistent in complaining just to complain just like in Reds threads.

Qb A is 20 for 26 in the game with 2 touchdowns 150 yards passing and a qb rating of 116 and a completion percentage of 77 percent.

While QB B is 6 of 12 for 108 yards and a touchdown with a completion percentage of 50 percent.

When looking at that most people would say give me qb A on this day. Yet somehow we have fans who are complaining about QB A, and talking up qb B. When qb B basically has made basicallu only one pass today that accounted for half his yards, and that came on a play the same person complaining even said the defense left him wide open. Yet somehow we complain about QB A and talk up QB B.

For those not watching QB A is Bengals 4th round pick Finley and QB B is Haskins.

Haha glad to see the same Reds stuff is carrying over to Bengals threads.

I’ll say this, as bad as the Bengals O Line is, Washington’s seems worse.

I really liked what I seen from Finley today. We still don't know how he is with the deep pass, but I am not going to get mad about that yet. When none of us even know if there was anyone to even throw it deep too.

Things I was impressed with was his pocket presence. One of the many things get upset about with Dalton is he doesn't have the best pocket presence and doesn't slide in the pocket to create better. Finley moved around well even when there was pressure stepped up and moved in the pocket and made some really nice throws. Very impressed today. More so than I was last week.

I’ll say this, as bad as the Bengals O Line is, Washington’s seems worse.

The Bengals defense gave up big plays on the first two plays of the day for the defense. Then obviously on the Haskins touchdown. Besides those plays which they need to fix obviously. I think the Bengals defense has looked much better this week.

Bengals lead 16-13 with about 8 minutes left to play.

He is not going to make the team most likely, and I won't even attempt to spell his name. However the Bengals backup kicker made a 57 yard field goal to give them that lead that is now a 23 to 13 lead.

The Bengals struggle to make any kick that is 50 yards or more ever. This kid has a strong leg and made that kick with plenty of distance. Problem is he also missed one from 47 yards out.

Bengals won 23 to 13. Bengals defense gave up 3 big plays, but besides that they played well. They only gave up 212 yards for the game. So it was a big improvement from the first game.

Finley at qb had a really good game for the Bengals. Before anyone says anything, I am not calling for a qb controversy lol. However, I was not real big on Finley at all when they drafted him. Tonight though I saw a lot of traits I really liked, which I hit on in a previous post in this thread.

I really liked what I seen from Finley today. We still don't know how he is with the deep pass, but I am not going to get mad about that yet. When none of us even know if there was anyone to even throw it deep too.

Things I was impressed with was his pocket presence. One of the many things get upset about with Dalton is he doesn't have the best pocket presence and doesn't slide in the pocket to create better. Finley moved around well even when there was pressure stepped up and moved in the pocket and made some really nice throws. Very impressed today. More so than I was last week.

So you’re comfortable letting Driskel go right? Because today was all I needed to see. I am firmly on the Ryan Finley bandwagon.