Bethlehem - 2019 Schedule

• 1 month later...
Is Bethlehem’s mascot the Wisemen?

That would be an incredible nickname. A missed opportunity there.

Boys are Eagles and girls are Banshees at Bethlehem. I think the girls got the much cooler name!

I'm not sure if there was ever any discussion as far as what the mascot would be when Bethlehem started admitting boys in the early '70s. The Eagles nickname is a nod to the old St. Joe Prep Eagles, the all-boys boarding school that closed in 1968.

Great looking new field for the Eagles.

[ATTACH]68752[/ATTACH]

Photo courtesy of the Bethlehem football twitter account.

I need to go out and check it out. Last time I was at the new athletic complex was right before they laid down the carpet. It's going to be really nice once everything is complete.

Aug 23 vs. Providence (IN)

Aug 30 vs. Sayre

Sep 6 at Thomas Nelson

Sep 13 vs. Nelson County

Sep 20 vs. Eminence

Sep 27 at Lynn Camp

Oct 11 vs. Louisville Holy Cross (District Game)

Oct 18 at Campbellsville (District Game)

Oct 25 vs. Fort Knox (District Game)

Nov 1 at Estill County

First-ever meeting for NC and Bethlehem, and that will be the night they dedicate the new field.

Over 75% of their production came from Ezra Dillard, who is graduated and on to Centre College. Their QB is Ryan Mattingly, a pretty good athlete who has struggled with injuries and spent most of last year knocked to the turf. The whole OL is back and has a little size, but I would say their mood is "guarded" about the ability to protect. The schedule is favorable, but I think they are third place in district at best. I watched a 7 on 7 and there is not much speed, but you have a motivated young coach, a new complex, decent numbers for them (about 33-34), some experienced seniors. Who knows, but I would say a 6-4 regular season and out of the playoffs in the first round on the road.

I need to go out and check it out. Last time I was at the new athletic complex was right before they laid down the carpet. It's going to be really nice once everything is complete.

I've been through Bardstown a few times but never been to the Bethlehem campus, so I have a couple of questions. Is the new complex more than just football facilities? And will there be separate visitor seating?

I've been through Bardstown a few times but never been to the Bethlehem campus, so I have a couple of questions. Is the new complex more than just football facilities? And will there be separate visitor seating?

Yes, it’s a whole new athletic complex for multiple sports, and yes, I am told there will be a visitors side bleachers.

First phase is football/track and softball with grandstand and fieldhouse. Later on there will be tennis courts, indoor archery range, baseball and practice fields. That will be a few years down the road as they will have to do another big fundraising campaign to cover those costs.

First phase is football/track and softball with grandstand and fieldhouse. Later on there will be tennis courts, indoor archery range, baseball and practice fields. That will be a few years down the road as they will have to do another big fundraising campaign to cover those costs.

That all sounds amazing. New facilities always seem to generate excitement for the kids and the community.