Raptors 119 Warriors 109 (NBA Finals Game 1)

Every time the Warriors were about to climb back in it last night, Toronto managed a big shot. That's normally something the Warriors can withstand and I don't think Game 2 will play out the same way. I can think specifically to that preposterous sideways three that VanVleet (maybe?) hit as the shot clock expired in the final minutes that took a 5-point game back out to 8 points.

I will say that as someone who hasn't watched a ton of Toronto through these playoffs, Siakam was a revelation. Loved watching that dude play.

Siakam has a chance to be a star. Also a shot of making all defensive team the next year or two.

Also curious to see if OG Anunoby makes it back this series. That's another wing defender with length that could cause the Dubs some trouble.

Report I heard this morning is it is not looking good for KD to play in this series.

TORONTO — Barring a setback, Golden State Warriors superstar Kevin Durant is expected to return from a right calf strain at some point midway through the NBA Finals, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

There’s some optimism within members of the organization that a Game 3 arrival could be viable, but there’s a stronger possibility that Game 4 is the most logical option, sources said.

Head coach Steve Kerr announced Wednesday that Durant was cleared to take part in individual on-court basketball activities, but the 10-time All-Star — who has missed the past six postseason games — actually began his on-court basketball workouts earlier this week, sources said.

NBA Finals: Kevin Durant expected to return midway through Finals

Not surprisingly, there are clearly conflicting reports. I will say, if he doesn't return especially in a highly competitive series, the injury was/is worse than a simple calf strain.