Open Job: Carroll County

Per Facebook Coach Cantwell has resigned his position with Carroll County to take another position but it wasn’t named which. When CAL opened up I seen the writing on the wall. Coach Cantwell changed the culture at Carroll and he will be deeply missed. I wish him the best luck in his venture.

So does a current coach move up or do they hire outside? How attractive of a job has coach Cantwell made the job?

I personally think this is a very attractive job for several reasons, and I’m talking attractive to even current head coaches who have maybe had some success.

Why?

1) You can win and compete there. So much of a programs success largely hangs on who they have to go against. Their 2A pocket of schools is likely not going to change for the foreseeable future. Walton-Verona is the best one, and while no offense to them- they are human. Gallatin, Owen, Carroll? Same type communities.

2) Facilities. Their new complex is as nice as any 2A/1A program out there with the new stadium and turf.

3) Location. Small town and nice little small town at that while it just so happens to sit right on a major interstate - halfway between both Louisville and NKY/Cincinnati (45 mins from both).

Carroll County has always played solid ball over the years. Tough, physical almost all the time and like most “county” places- have a dude or two that’s a little bit special? Hard to handle.

You have a legitimate shot, at least with the new realignment, knowing that you have a shot at competing for/playing for a Region Title.

Lots to be intrigued by with that one IMO.

• 1 month later...

Head coach at Trimble a few years ago and CC assistant for the last few seasons. I think he is already in the building as a gym teacher.

I heard they did not have too many candidates so it was probably his all along.