2019 Bowl Games & Locations

So these "bowl" games that only involve a single game, and are held at one of the teams' home field, and take place on a regular day at a regular time. Can someone explain what the deal is there?

Do the sponsors get anything out of it, aside for having their name attached to a high school football game? Do the teams...say Pineville and Paris, playing each other on September 6th at Pineville in the "Laurel Bowl"...this will make the 5th straight year that those two teams have played each other, so I'm gonna assume the game would have taken place already, "bowl game" or not. So what makes that a bowl, and why?

So these "bowl" games that only involve a single game, and are held at one of the teams' home field, and take place on a regular day at a regular time. Can someone explain what the deal is there?

Do the sponsors get anything out of it, aside for having their name attached to a high school football game? Do the teams...say Pineville and Paris, playing each other on September 6th at Pineville in the "Laurel Bowl"...this will make the 5th straight year that those two teams have played each other, so I'm gonna assume the game would have taken place already, "bowl game" or not. So what makes that a bowl, and why?

Every home game at Mercer County has a sponsor. It helps us raise funding for our program. The sponsor chooses a Hog, Dog & Titan to recognize at the end of each quarter. Those sponsorships have really helped our program and it has helped involve our community on Friday nights. This makes 5 straight seasons with all the same sponsors. Has been very successful and a huge positive.

Every home game at Mercer County has a sponsor. It helps us raise funding for our program. The sponsor chooses a Hog, Dog & Titan to recognize at the end of each quarter. Those sponsorships have really helped our program and it has helped involve our community on Friday nights. This makes 5 straight seasons with all the same sponsors. Has been very successful and a huge positive.

Thanks! That really helps with some real insight about what I was asking.

• 1 month later...

I just looked on the K.H.S.A.A. page and they have the Bluegrass Bowl listed as a single game on Friday, August 30th. That game is the Highlands vs. St. Xavier. That games is slated for 6 PM. I know Lexington Catholic is playing Bishop Chatard (IN). I am guessing the kickoff will be shortly after the first game. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

I just looked on the K.H.S.A.A. page and they have the Bluegrass Bowl listed as a single game on Friday, August 30th. That game is the Highlands vs. St. Xavier. That games is slated for 6 PM. I know Lexington Catholic is playing Bishop Chatard (IN). I am guessing the kickoff will be shortly after the first game. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

I know St.X plays Henry Clay at 6:00 on Aug 30th, at Lex Catholic.