Mason Co./Rose Hill Scrimmage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason dominated but Rose Hill showed a lot early but could not stop the bleeding once it started. Thought that Chad Jackson was the best looking kid on the floor,and made Rose hill look good. They will need to develop someone who can shoot to go with him to play the big boys in the state

Mason dominated but Rose Hill showed a lot early but could not stop the bleeding once it started. Thought that Chad Jackson was the best looking kid on the floor,and made Rose hill look good. They will need to develop someone who can shoot to go with him to play the big boys in the state

what was score? Did Mason press all the game? How did Darius Miller look as good as Chad Jackson?

JV Game was ugly, Mason County was up 22-0 and 33-2; final was 39-10. Rose Hill terribly outmanned; #21 is smooth and #10's motor never stopped for Rose Hill, but they only dressed 7 for JV.

Varsity game was close early, Rose Hill actually led 11-8; forcing a couple of bad passes early. Mason County then went on a 24-3 run and led 32-14 after 12 minutes; led 44-23 at half and coasted to an 81-49 win. #45 for Rose Hill didn't like being bodied up by Mason's best defender (Pawsat) and after connecting to the jaw with his third elbow, was either ejected or was benched by the RH coach for the entire second half.

Some observations:

#1 for Rose Hill will run wild through the 16th region if no one ever calls palming. He was a one-man show for Rose Hill; I had him with 26 of their 49-point total. He will need a lot more help if Rose Hill is to make noise in the 16th this year. My understanding is that they are still a year or two away, and it showed tonight.

#52 for Rose Hill is a "project".

#45 for Rose Hill showed range, hitting the first basket of the game - a 3; but only had 3 free throws the rest of the way before being benched in the 2nd half.

Here were the points scored by Rose Hill:

#45 - 6 a 3, 3 FTs

#52 - 5 two baskets down low, 1 FT

#32 - 4 one basket, 2 FTs

# 1 - 26 10 baskets, 6 FTs

#23 - 5 5 FTs

#33 - 3 one 3-pointer

My unofficial scoring for Mason County:

Middleton - 7 ; two baskets and a 3-pointer

Setty - 13; three 3s and two 2s

Downing - 5; a basket and 3 FTs

Miller - 14; 4 baskets and 4 FTs

Browning - 9; 3 baskets and 3 FTs

King - 13; 5 baskets and 3 FTs

Scott - 9; a three and three 2s

Tolle - 2; one basket

Thompson - 3; one 3

Pawsat - 5; two buckets and 1 FT

That only comes to 80 points and Mason won 81-49; so I apologize to whoever I shorted. It might have been Tolle with a FT but I'm not sure.

Mason County observations:

For playing shorthanded (Stahl's arm still in a cast; Cox not dressed); they showed lots of team speed and a whole lot of depth. When Cox and Stahl get back, they can realistically go 10 deep without losing much.

D. Miller will be a force in the 10th this year; no surprise to anyone. Some of these guys are trying to get their basketball legs with FB season just completed, but you wouldn't know it.

MC's pressure forced a slew of turnovers; RH was just worn down by the middle of the second half.

Lots of athleticism on this team. Browning, Pawsat, Miller and company can run, jump and pass.

Nice balanced scoring by Mason County in their first game action of the year. Big difference between a team with a nice soph through senior mix, and a younger RH squad.

what was score? Did Mason press all the game? How did Darius Miller look as good as Chad Jackson?

Mason pressed for much of the game; the first 3 quarters, anyway.

Miller and Jackson (I assume #1 for Rose Hill) are completely different players. Jackson did a lot of the ball-handling for Rose Hill, drove to the basket often, and scored often. Understandably, he tired toward the end of the game. I don't recall him taking any 3s.

Miller is a more complete player, even though he only scored 14 points. A much better rebounder and passer than Jackson. If the referees will let him spin and jump stop, he will be very, very tough.

And, at least tonight, Miller had a heck of a lot more help.

And if you didn't catch the final score in the post above;

Royals (MC) 81

Royals (RH) 49

Mason pressed for much of the game; the first 3 quarters, anyway.

Miller and Jackson (I assume #1 for Rose Hill) are completely different players. Jackson did a lot of the ball-handling for Rose Hill, drove to the basket often, and scored often. Understandably, he tired toward the end of the game. I don't recall him taking any 3s.

Miller is a more complete player, even though he only scored 14 points. A much better rebounder and passer than Jackson. If the referees will let him spin and jump stop, he will be very, very tough.

And, at least tonight, Miller had a heck of a lot more help.

And if you didn't catch the final score in the post above;

Thanks so much for the analysis excellent. I felt I was at the game. Say is Cox the QB on the football team? Rose Hill very young team. Sounds as if MC has good depth and will pressure all over the floor. Should be a most interesting season.

Isn't #45 Dakota Euton? Why was he taken or put out? A player has to be able to take the hits . It gets rough in there. But getting mad don't help a thing.

He was either ejected or benched because just before halftime he threw a flagrant elbow to the jaw of Pawsat. At the beginning of the halftime break the referree was talking quite a bit with the RH coach, which made me think that he might have been ejected. However, with no PA announcer I couldn't really tell.

I'm sure the kid will get used to the contact and learn to control himself.