Gallatin County 76 Henry County 55 (31st District Championship)

I would say 7 of the 8 could win it to be honest. Simon/Spencer/Gallatin/South shoot it well that week they all could cut the nets down. Walton/Collins/Oldham known more for their defense but they could win it on that end of the floor. Henry County might not have the horses, but they do get to play at home and have a very good young sophomore. 8th Region tourney should be about as evenly matched as it has ever been. Regional Draw will be very important to those teams. Anyone know when the draw will be tomorrow?

11:00 Sunday for the draw...

Draw on Sunday for the Regional that starts Monday night? Seems late with districts finished tonight. Do they still plan on playing Mon/Tues, Friday, Saturday? 4 teams play day after draw, not much prep time for those teams. That is shocking to me to be honest...

Congrats to the Wildcats! Hopefully they can get a favorable draw in the region. I just don't see them making it too far with the type of schedule they played this year. Playing a tough schedule throughout the year gets you ready for tournament time. I have been to the Smoky Mountain Classic for the last couple years and I wonder what playing in a tournament like this does to benefit the Wildcats. Maybe they can make me eat my words, but I just don't see them going very far in the region tournament.

Regarding the first round opponent there is no favorable draw. And just out of curiosity, what could Coach Jones have done to upgrade the schedule?

That is why I used the phrase “on their schedule” rather than played.

Just pointing out the fact that they had not played. Your post led people to believe that they had played everybody in the regionals. I would say most people didn't realize that they actually had not played. Hoping Spencer County draws Gallatin. Would be an interesting game.

Just pointing out the fact that they had not played. Your post led people to believe that they had played everybody in the regionals. I would say most people didn't realize that they actually had not played. Hoping Spencer County draws Gallatin. Would be an interesting game.

Has the Collins/Spencer County district final been played? Hoping Spencer draws Gallatin says they will be a runner up to Collins. Are you saying that if you lose tonight Gallatin is the team you want to play as a district runner up? I think Gallatin is playing as well, if not better than anyone in the region right now. I would be weary of wanting to play them. If you win, I assume you want Henry County instead of SK or South/Oldham loser.

Has the Collins/Spencer County district final been played? Hoping Spencer draws Gallatin says they will be a runner up to Collins. Are you saying that if you lose tonight Gallatin is the team you want to play as a district runner up? I think Gallatin is playing as well, if not better than anyone in the region right now. I would be weary of wanting to play them. If you win, I assume you want Henry County instead of SK or South/Oldham loser.

If Spencer loses to Collins tonight which Collins is favored then I DON'T want to play Walton Verona. The one team in the region that Spencer cannot matchup with due to size. They matchup much better with Gallatin. Based on recent common opponents I would say they are pretty even.

Regarding the first round opponent there is no favorable draw. And just out of curiosity, what could Coach Jones have done to upgrade the schedule?

Historically the Smoky Mountain Classic isn't a "must-see" weekend. I was just merely suggesting scheduling some teams outside of the region that are consistently top teams around the state.

Draw on Sunday for the Regional that starts Monday night? Seems late with districts finished tonight. Do they still plan on playing Mon/Tues, Friday, Saturday? 4 teams play day after draw, not much prep time for those teams. That is shocking to me to be honest...

To me it’s dumb I don’t why they wait until Sunday afternoon most if not all other regions do theirs on Saturday morning or early afternoon.

Historically the Smoky Mountain Classic isn't a "must-see" weekend. I was just merely suggesting scheduling some teams outside of the region that are consistently top teams around the state.

I will say that Adair County was scheduled when Zion Harmon was still enrolled there. As far as Christmas Tournaments are concerned, most of the elite ones doesn’t a team have to be invited?

Gallatin lost 3 starters from a 26 win team and were ranked middle of the pack in the 8th. Jon’s phone probably wasn’t ringing off the hook.

I will say that Adair County was scheduled when Zion Harmon was still enrolled there. As far as Christmas Tournaments are concerned, most of the elite ones doesn’t a team have to be invited?

Gallatin lost 3 starters from a 26 win team and were ranked middle of the pack in the 8th. Jon’s phone probably wasn’t ringing off the hook.

Understandable. I see the point. Maybe they will make a run and force schools to want to play them in the years to come. Going to be a fun regional.

Very impressive win on a night when Rassman and Coomer combined for just 18 points. Proves your point, Buckeye - the Cats are flat out dangerous at every position.

Congrats to Jon Jones and the GC Wildcats.

And congratulations, too, to the HC Wildcats, who will play on their own hardwood in the 8th region tourney.

CM

Just saw the game stats. Coomer (2-5) and Rassman (3-3) combined for 8 field goal attempts.