If it came to it... Would GOP voters elect the Pro Choice Rudy G?

Brewsky

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't challenge the number of abortions performed each day, but I will point out that those are FETUSES being aborted, not babies.

Abortion is not at the top of my political list BUT the semantical argument that a fetus is not a baby doesn't fly with me.

It enables pro-abortionists to rationalize the killing when they can say that they are only destroying a fetus rather than a baby. However, the end result is that one human being loses its life merely for the convenience and/or pecuniary enrichment of another human being.

Frances, to the prolifer, abortion is a moral issue which supercedes most other issues. The war could be called a moral issue, I suppose. However, since the antiwar group likes to point out all the lives lost in Iraq, I would submit that the number of babies killed in this country each year through abortion far exceeds the casualties of war.

Good point SB. They want to have it both ways. They hate loss of life, but its ok to kill babies.

Abortion is not at the top of my political list BUT the semantical argument that a fetus is not a baby doesn't fly with me.
If you disagree with my position, that is fine. I have absolutely no problem in recognizing the fact that you see this issue differently than I do.

It enables pro-abortionists to rationalize the killing when they can say that they are only destroying a fetus rather than a baby. However, the end result is that one human being loses its life merely for the convenience and/or pecuniary enrichment of another human being.
Scooterbob - you and I have had this discussion before, and I know that you realize that the entire issue of abortion always boils down to some form of the question of when life begins, or when a fetus is viable outside the womb. I must say that I am disapointed in your use of the term "pro-abortionist" to describe the converse of your position. I would not use the term "pro-slavery" to define your view, which is the converse of my stance. I have never espoused that any woman have an abortion, nor do I intend to. I do, however support a woman's right to decide her own course in life, without having the state prescribe it for her.

Good point SB. They want to have it both ways. They hate loss of life, but its ok to kill babies.
Apparently, you have not read many of my posts. I have absolutely no problem with death. It awaits us all, the only question is when. As far as human life in particular is concerned, I have absolutely no qualms about the death penalty, when it is deserved. As a matter of fact, I seriously doubt that anyone on this board is a stronger proponent of the death penalty than myself. As for you last line, it is apparent that you either cannot, or will not, distinguish between a fetus and a baby. That is your call to make, but as for myself, I am capable of discerning the difference and feel no need to artificially obscure the line.

:rolleyes:

WOW, thats about as far left as you can get. Are you sure you don't live in San Fran?

I'm pretty sure that I live in Kentucky. I would like to think that having an open mind, and the ability to voice a dissenting opinion don't preclude my residency.

Frances

I'm not a regular here on P&R, but I have a question to Pro-Choice? When do you believe life begins? Is it when the baby is born ? If so, isn't this the same exact being that was there five seconds before birth, breathing, heart pumping, etc., just in a different place? So why is it birth that makes it a human being, when it is the exact same being that was there 30 seconds before birth, just basically relocated?

Frances, I, too, am pro-choice and support a woman's right to "control" her own body. However, that choice should be whether to get pregnant or to not get pregnant. Once her actions result in the former, another person with rights enters the picture. Her "rights" end just as my right to fire my gun at a firing range end when someone steps between my gun and the target.

I also support your right to turn left at a traffic light. However, your right ends when there is a baby in the intersection.

I realize that there is the extremely rare situation when an abortion may be justified somewhat as self defense (mother's life is truly and honestly in imminent danger). That is a tough scenerio and I can understand differing opinions. However, most all abortions are merely for convenience sake and/or pecuniary enrichment. That, I believe, is unforegivable.

Exactly.

This is precisely why I am amazed that people use this single issue as a litmus test on which candidate to support or vote for.

Issues such as the national debt and the war in Iraq are actionable items that MUST be addressed and resolved. The issue of abortion will not be legislated away, regardless of which party is in power, or which slate of candidates one votes for.

Frances

Because the "one issue" Christian Right" don't understand it.

Because the "one issue" Christian Right" don't understand it.

What "one issue" is that DD? Abortion? Gay Marriage? Stem Cell Research? School Vouchers? You pick one, assign it to the "Christian Right," and then I will not talk about that issue anymore here, and you lose the right to complain about me talking about any of the others. Deal?

What "one issue" is that DD? Abortion? Gay Marriage? Stem Cell Research? School Vouchers? You pick one, assign it to the "Christian Right," and then I will not talk about that issue anymore here, and you lose the right to complain about me talking about any of the others. Deal?

Pro Choice is the thread title. Isn't it funny that you term it "Pro Choice" when refering to your canidate and "Pro Abortion" when referring to a canidate from the left.

Pro Choice is the thread title. Isn't it funny that you term it "Pro Choice" when refering to your canidate and "Pro Abortion" when referring to a canidate from the left.

I have never, ever used the term "Pro Abortion." Ever. Aside from that, you are confused, since "Pro Choice" and "Pro Abortion" would refer to the same person.

Again, DD, which single issue do you say characterizes the "Christian Right?"