Danville 87 Garrard County 83 (2OT)

Wild game. Garrard led most of the way before Danville tied it late. Both overtimes went down to the wire before Garrard's Brayden Sebastian missed a late three to tie in the second overtime. Danville's DeShaud St. Martin had a big second half and overtime and finished with 19 points. Sebastian was incredible once again for Garrard pouring in 47 points.

My thoughts. 45th is wide open like I’ve said all year. Second, you don’t call foul with 2 secs left to decide game. Third, you don’t take a timeout away from home team with 2 mins left when the home book, assistant, newspaper guy have the team having 1 left. And you especially don’t do it when the reasoning being my memory is better than anyone else. Quite the embarrassment.

A refs memory is not a good enough reason to overturn home book. The home book had times of Timeouts wrote in book, and visiting book did not. Also, it took them appx 7 mins to determine the taking away a timeout. Conveniently killing GC momentum with 2 mins left in the game.

Garrad will not beat Danville you had one ref that kept them in the game overturned 5 or 6 calls for Garrad. Plus how do you play almost 3/4 of a game and only have 6 fouls. Come on!!! Need more experienced ref doing these district games!!!

I believe all of the tiebreakers put Garrard in fourth no matter what happens. If Danville loses to Boyle and Lincoln next week and Lincoln beats Garrard, both Danville and Lincoln would have the same district record and both would have recorded seven points via home and road wins. I have no idea what the next tiebreaker is after that.

Bottom line, it is almost inevitable that Danville and Garrard will play again in the district tournament. Both games have been close, competitive affairs, which makes me think a third matchup could be just as exciting.

Garrad will not beat Danville you had one ref that kept them in the game overturned 5 or 6 calls for Garrad. Plus how do you play almost 3/4 of a game and only have 6 fouls. Come on!!! Need more experienced ref doing these district games!!!

Really? So an over the back call with 2 secs in favor of Danville at the end of regulation to put St. Martin at the line to send the game into overtime wasn’t aggregous? And what makes Danville some unstoppable force? They’re a good team, but come on any of the other top 8-9 teams can beat them on a given night. Garrard has hung 82 and 83 on that great defense. Will Garrard they win the district tournament? Who knows? But they certainly can, and anyone who think they can’t win one game on their home is dillusional.

Just responding to comment that Garrad will beat Danville that’s all didn’t say we couldn’t get beat!! They said we would lose I don’t think so that’s it!!

District will be tough for everyone!!! We really need more consistency on calls both ways!!

Agreed.

I think Coach Ryan Young knows how to play Danville, they have just came up short twice. IMO, they should've won tonight. Danville takes a lot of bad shots, that could cost them in a big game. Garrard will get another shot at Danville in the District Tournament which is being played at Garrard. Like I said, I'll take Garrard to win.

My thoughts. 45th is wide open like I’ve said all year. Second, you don’t call foul with 2 secs left to decide game. Third, you don’t take a timeout away from home team with 2 mins left when the home book, assistant, newspaper guy have the team having 1 left. And you especially don’t do it when the reasoning being my memory is better than anyone else. Quite the embarrassment.

The referee actually said that? That his memory is better than anyone else’s? Which ref said that and please DM me if you don’t want to say it publicly. That situation intrigues me. A ref went against what everyone had written down? That’s insane.