Kentucky vs. LA-Monroe

SLINK

I will speak for myself but I am tired of Brooks and ready for him to go!! Did not like the decision to hire him and he has done nothing to prove me wrong. He padded his schedule this year to assure a winning season. I have attended 2 games, one being the Ga. game, and gave my tickets to someone else for the rest. I love Ky. football but there is no reason we cannot be competetive every year. We can't be consistent here til we recruit and Rich Brooks is not the man for that. He has bought himself a couple more years with this smoke and mirrors schedule.

Now, with all of that being said, Go Cats. Build on the future!!!

:rolleyes: This is ridiculous. Brooks is leading the Cats to a bowl game for the first time since 1999 with the majority of the team underclassmen, and you bash him because of recruiting? That is just plain stupid.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will speak for myself but I am tired of Brooks and ready for him to go!! Did not like the decision to hire him and he has done nothing to prove me wrong. He padded his schedule this year to assure a winning season. I have attended 2 games, one being the Ga. game, and gave my tickets to someone else for the rest. I love Ky. football but there is no reason we cannot be competetive every year. We can't be consistent here til we recruit and Rich Brooks is not the man for that. He has bought himself a couple more years with this smoke and mirrors schedule.

Now, with all of that being said, Go Cats. Build on the future!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

This is the mindset that keeps UK football down. Keep starting over...

I disagree and obviously I am on an island here but I think if we keep accpeting this mediocrity is the mindset that makes us losers.

As fas as the schedule, just playing in the S.E.C. itself gets you that ranking. I cannot believe anyone would post here and try to defend the schedule this year. It is ridiculous!!!

As fas as the schedule, just playing in the S.E.C. itself gets you that ranking. I cannot believe anyone would post here and try to defend the schedule this year. It is ridiculous!!!

If you play in a conference that is top heavy (Big East), obviously, you should use your Non-Conference schedule to challenge your team and increase your SOS points in the Computers (like UL did, or at least tried to do, with Kansas St. and Miami, FL). However, if you play in a conference where every week is a war, how on Earth can you criticize a Coach with a team just rounding back into form from a devastating blow of Probation for scheduling some winnable games? Had he followed your suggestion and loaded up with Nebraska and Notre Dame as opposed to Central Michigan and La-Monroe, you'd be the first one calling for his head for going 5-7. They can't win in your eyes.

As for your "accepting mediocrity" comment -- this team has been so far below medioctiry for the better part of the last 6 or 7 years, why not enjoy improvement? What kind of cynic looks at a trail of 2 and 4 win seasons, followed by a 7-5 or 8-4 campaign, and complains that it still isn't good enough?

I disagree and obviously I am on an island here but I think if we keep accpeting this mediocrity is the mindset that makes us losers.

Out of over 240 teams playing D1 football, UK's schedule is #23-#27 depending on which rating you look at. Find teams who were on UK's level of play who played a top 10 caliber team like UL by choice? Does it matter if most of the tougher opponents are in or out of conference? You still have to play them. And UK is already guaranteed at worst #3 in the east. Not since 1993 has that happened my friend. And until last year's tying win over Vandy, UK had a LOSING record against Vanderbilt!

Why would you want a top 10 schedule when you are far from being a top ten team with 73 frosh/sophs? Only 4 teams in D1 are playing more frosh than UK, ... 4!!! The FACT is that UK is having the best season they have had in YEARS and achieving milestones and you cannot admit that Brooks has the program at least turning the corner. UK's schedule for the season is tougher than most of the teams in the top 20 BCS rankings (only 6 had tougher schedules by my count). Ohio States schedule was #49 and they may very well be the national champ this season!

The only SEC teams with tougher schedules were: UF #15 & UT #12. UK's was tougher than LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, etc (mostly due to UL having such a great season). Give it up dude, NOBODY goes out and schedules all powerhouses if they are in a tough conference.

You tell me what 'top' flight coach would even sniff the UK job before Brooks took it? Give me a name of who wanted it? Now, wait till Brooks does retire and see that there will be much more interest in the program. Noone wants to jump on a sinking ship, but Brooks did that and somehow got the water pumped out and has it headed in the right direction.

You are letting your disliked for Brooks get in the way of the FACTS. Rome wasn't built in a day, ... especially when the foundation was not there. Now the foundation is under construction. Surely even you can see that?

Out of over 240 teams playing D1 football, UK's schedule is #23-#27 depending on which rating you look at. Find teams who were on UK's level of play who played a top 10 caliber team like UL by choice? Does it matter if most of the tougher opponents are in or out of conference? You still have to play them. And UK is already guaranteed at worst #3 in the east. Not since 1993 has that happened my friend. And until last year's tying win over Vandy, UK had a LOSING record against Vanderbilt!

Why would you want a top 10 schedule when you are far from being a top ten team with 73 frosh/sophs? Only 4 teams in D1 are playing more frosh than UK, ... 4!!! The FACT is that UK is having the best season they have had in YEARS and achieving milestones and you cannot admit that Brooks has the program at least turning the corner. UK's schedule for the season is tougher than most of the teams in the top 20 BCS rankings (only 6 had tougher schedules by my count). Ohio States schedule was #49 and they may very well be the national champ this season!

The only SEC teams with tougher schedules were: UF #15 & UT #12. UK's was tougher than LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, etc (mostly due to UL having such a great season). Give it up dude, NOBODY goes out and schedules all powerhouses if they are in a tough conference.

You tell me what 'top' flight coach would even sniff the UK job before Brooks took it? Give me a name of who wanted it? Now, wait till Brooks does retire and see that there will be much more interest in the program. Noone wants to jump on a sinking ship, but Brooks did that and somehow got the water pumped out and has it headed in the right direction.

You are letting your disliked for Brooks get in the way of the FACTS. Rome wasn't built in a day, ... especially when the foundation was not there. Now the foundation is under construction. Surely even you can see that?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: