Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 38 Saints 31

Featured Replies

Steelers needed that win badly... Roethlisberger looked good.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a quick Steeler update.

 

1. Nate Washington-Horibble

2. Cedrick Wilson-Horrible and scared

3. Deshea Townsend-average,,,but sorely missed when you have to replace him from the practice squad!

4. Ike Taylor-can run with you all day long,,,,,but can't correlate that he is also supposed to defend the pass. (note to Ike...when the ball is in the air, it can be yours)

5. We need to sign Troy Polamolu for the next 8 years, because today was a glimpse of what it'd be w/o him.

Saints are gonna be mad... Bengals have to face: Crumpler, Gates, Gonzalez, now this Colston kid who is a TE/slot receiver.... TE's kill us.

The race for lowest draft pick is on in the AFC North...

 

I just hope we get a good A) WR or B) CB with the pick. And I hope that, through the seven rounds, we end up drafting either 4 WRs and 3 CBs or 3 WRs and 4 CBs.

I just hope we get a good A) WR or B) CB with the pick. And I hope that, through the seven rounds, we end up drafting either 4 WRs and 3 CBs or 3 WRs and 4 CBs.

I'll take a CB 1st and the other Super Mario in the 2nd... :D

I'll take a CB 1st and the other Super Mario in the 2nd... :D

 

:sssh: He's too good a fit for our system. You can't have him. :p

:sssh: He's too good a fit for our system. You can't have him. :p

You'll just let him leave after a few years... :D

You'll just let him leave after a few years... :D

 

You be quiet!!!!!!

I'll pose a scenario for Steeler fans out there and see if there are any other thoughts.

1. Considering what Duce Staley is paid, do you believe/hope they part ways w/ him ASAP?

2. With the pricetag on Hartings and the fact that Okobi just signed a longer-term deal and has played the last 2 games very well, will Hartings be gone and free up some $?

3. Will the team part ways with Townsend? Considering the youth at the position, is he expendable?

4. Can they find a 3rd down and short back? Will they stick with Haynes considering his injury?

5. Would you consider a FA in the offseason at the WR position or stick with what you have and go the draft route again?

 

Just some thoughts, curious of what some might think!

1. Staley has been the biggest waste of money the Steelers ever parted with, and they gave that guy a ring!

2.Steelers always develope great players only to offer underpayment,thus stocking other NFL teams.

3. Everybodys expendable with the Steelers, with the exception of big Ben.

4. He's been standing on the sidelines for 3 years now, how many carries he got in all that time?

5.Steelers believe in the draft, players like Staley only reinforce that notion!

1. Staley has been the biggest waste of money the Steelers ever parted with, and they gave that guy a ring!

2.Steelers always develope great players only to offer underpayment,thus stocking other NFL teams.

3. Everybodys expendable with the Steelers, with the exception of big Ben.

4. He's been standing on the sidelines for 3 years now, how many carries he got in all that time?

5.Steelers believe in the draft, players like Staley only reinforce that notion!

Well, I agree on #1, not so much on #2 (Burris was disgruntled, Randle El got way more than he was worth.

Disagree with #3, you cannot part ways with Troy, Alan, Marvel, Casey, Hines or Ben. The rest (including Porter) not so much.

I agree on #4, I say we part ways with Verron, get a big ole' bruiser to get a yard no matter what.

And I strongly disagree with #5. The Bus was a FA, Farrior and countless others. However, Duce is a bust and Wilson the same. At best a FA acquisition is 50/50, but usually the positive 50% are ready to step in and produce immediately.

Next season:

 

I think we lose.

*Hartings and Simmons on the OL, the back-ups are ready ( I hope).

*Wilson at wr, I think he will be behind Ward, Holmes and Washington next year anyway and he might even be behind Ried.

*Staley he is at the end of his career.

* Maybe Townsend, but I would like to see him hang around a little longer even if he is at the nickel position.

*We could even get rid of one of our free safties to make room for the rookie, A. Smith.

 

I think we could use this extra money to work on extending the contracts of troy and ben.

 

I think we need to get a lot younger at the LB position inside and out. I would love to have Micheal Bush too anlong with a big WR.

 

I hope Cowher comes back too....

Next season:

 

I think we lose.

*Hartings and Simmons on the OL, the back-ups are ready ( I hope).

*Wilson at wr, I think he will be behind Ward, Holmes and Washington next year anyway and he might even be behind Ried.

*Staley he is at the end of his career.

* Maybe Townsend, but I would like to see him hang around a little longer even if he is at the nickel position.

*We could even get rid of one of our free safties to make room for the rookie, A. Smith.

 

I think we could use this extra money to work on extending the contracts of troy and ben.

 

I think we need to get a lot younger at the LB position inside and out. I would love to have Micheal Bush too anlong with a big WR.

 

I hope Cowher comes back too....

Many good points, I agree, Hartings and Simmons will either be very reduced or gone. I don't know the contract status on Wilson, but I pray that he is gone, I agree that Holmes will be fine, but Washington is very questionable.

Staley is gone! And as long as we upgrade somehow at WR, I agree totally with extending Troy. We gave up 517 yesterday w/o him. Agree on Ben as well. With regards to age of LB, I believe that group is fine for a season or more, but Harrison is capable, and I would address that through the draft, which they have been very good at.

Many good points, I agree, Hartings and Simmons will either be very reduced or gone. I don't know the contract status on Wilson, but I pray that he is gone, I agree that Holmes will be fine, but Washington is very questionable.

Staley is gone! And as long as we upgrade somehow at WR, I agree totally with extending Troy. We gave up 517 yesterday w/o him. Agree on Ben as well. With regards to age of LB, I believe that group is fine for a season or more, but Harrison is capable, and I would address that through the draft, which they have been very good at.

Troy was healthy when the Falcons torched them, right???

Troy was healthy when the Falcons torched them, right???

Plllllleeeeaaaaaassssseeee! You'd trade your left,,,,,eye,,,,,for the Steeler defense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.