Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Stadium Concessions

Featured Replies

Link

 

Cincinnati stadium concessions fail cleanliness tests.

 

What are your thoughts on this? I'm not totally shocked, but being someone who goes to an absolute ton Greater Cincinnati sporting events throughout the year, I do find it concerning.

I would be shocked if most of them, in any stadium, were clean.

  • Author
I would be shocked if most of them, in any stadium, were clean.

 

That's basically where I sit. Not blown away by the information, but it doesn't make me any happier lol.

None of that shocks me, nor does any of it really alarm me. I trust my immune system to handle and overcome any type of contamination that may be on my concession stand food.

  • Author

I will say that the Bengals issues seem much more serious than those at GABP, yet they rank a little more favorably.

 

IMO, I'd rather eat off something prepared by a dishwasher that didn't get to temp than off a place covered in mouth turds and mold.

Honestly I think part of why the Bengals concessions in general aren’t exactly well taken care of is because it’s mainly volunteers raising money for organizations. They just show up, do their job and leave. I know they have “training” they have to do before being allowed to work, but still it’s not like they have a vested interest in making sure the workspace is clean and well maintained. I think the Reds do something similar, but I’m not exactly sure.

Honestly I think part of why the Bengals concessions in general aren’t exactly well taken care of is because it’s mainly volunteers raising money for organizations. They just show up, do their job and leave. I know they have “training” they have to do before being allowed to work, but still it’s not like they have a vested interest in making sure the workspace is clean and well maintained. I think the Reds do something similar, but I’m not exactly sure.

 

It's going back 10+ years, but that's how it was when I was in college and we worked a couple Reds games.

Honestly I think part of why the Bengals concessions in general aren’t exactly well taken care of is because it’s mainly volunteers raising money for organizations. They just show up, do their job and leave. I know they have “training” they have to do before being allowed to work, but still it’s not like they have a vested interest in making sure the workspace is clean and well maintained. I think the Reds do something similar, but I’m not exactly sure.

 

That's what I was thinking with most concession stands honestly. I don't think they do it at UofL basketball games, but they definitely do at football games.

Honestly I think part of why the Bengals concessions in general aren’t exactly well taken care of is because it’s mainly volunteers raising money for organizations. They just show up, do their job and leave. I know they have “training” they have to do before being allowed to work, but still it’s not like they have a vested interest in making sure the workspace is clean and well maintained. I think the Reds do something similar, but I’m not exactly sure.

 

I am a part of volunteer group that runs a concession stand at PBS. The volunteers run the concession stands much better (whatever metric you want to use) than the paid employees. I have been told this and I have witnessed it. As far as any issues, I would have zero issue eating from anything that leaves our stand. We really follow every rule and procedure as prescribed. I am sure mistakes are made and things happen, but that is the very rare exception and not the rule. Honestly, I would have a hard time thinking of anything that would even fit in the "rare exception" category.

Considering what they charge for food/drinks the place should be pristine.

I am a part of volunteer group that runs a concession stand at PBS. The volunteers run the concession stands much better (whatever metric you want to use) than the paid employees. I have been told this and I have witnessed it. As far as any issues, I would have zero issue eating from anything that leaves our stand. We really follow every rule and procedure as prescribed. I am sure mistakes are made and things happen, but that is the very rare exception and not the rule. Honestly, I would have a hard time thinking of anything that would even fit in the "rare exception" category.

That’s interesting. Sounds like I may have been wrong in my assessment. I actually like the idea of having volunteer groups running the concessions because it is a good way to support the community’s organizations.

Considering what they charge for food/drinks the place should be pristine.

The nicest and newest stadium in the NFL now charges the lowest concession prices. It would be nice to see the rest of the league follow suit.

That’s interesting. Sounds like I may have been wrong in my assessment. I actually like the idea of having volunteer groups running the concessions because it is a good way to support the community’s organizations.

 

Think about the kind of person you get who works a concession stand on behalf of a volunteer versus who you could hire off the street to work what is basically a minimum wage (or worse) job and it makes sense why they would rather have volunteer groups.

Think about the kind of person you get who works a concession stand on behalf of a volunteer versus who you could hire off the street to work what is basically a minimum wage (or worse) job and it makes sense why they would rather have volunteer groups.

No you’re right. It was just a bad assumption on my part.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.