South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates

theguru

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath's offensive line is having a devil of a time with SW's front seven. That's a very good O-line, but SW is consistently winning the battle in the trenches. Their DC is calling a great game so far.

The defensive line for SW seems to be the difference so far in this one.

What a first half by South Warren and to be frank exactly what I expect from a Brandon Smith coached team.

Gavin Spurrier is playing an excellent game. I like the way he "meters" his receivers and throws strike after strike. I am sure the Ol Ball Coach, Steve Spurrier, is one proud Grandpa.

Covington Catholic looks anemic on offense. The CCH defense is fine all things considered.

If I have one complaint about CovCath it is they look uninspired at times as a football program. This is one of those times.

I am also excited to see what each Coach tries to adjust at halftime.

And everyone that pays attention on BGP knows I root for CovCath but South Warren winning this game is good for Kentucky High School Football and it is good for BGP.

Just sayin'

Wow! Totally shocked by S. Warren's total dominance in the first half. Only 3 first downs and a total of 56 yards for CovCath in 1st half was never expected. Inability to adjust to RPO was just as much unexpected by defense. Halftime adjustments coming (I hope) or Spurrier is on the way for a 400 yard passing day. Go Colonels!

Is the KHSAA going to correct this tape delay during the half? It’s very frustrating.

I doubt it, the powers that be have their hands full at the game.

The KHSAA will blame the NFHS Network, who will blame Prespin, who will blame everyone...

The bottom line is this can't even be called a state championship broadcast.

This is a Tape Delay broadcast of the game.

Whoever is in charge and can fix things, if you need to charge more money, so be it, but you have fix this stuff. Again it is zeros and ones and we put men on the moon 50 years ago. There is no excuse for an inferior product like this.