4A Region One Championship: #7 Madisonville-North Hopkins vs. #2 Franklin-Simpson

FSfan

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Madisonville-North Hopkins
    • Franklin-Simpson

The Maroons travel to Franklin to face the Wildcats for the 4A Region One title Friday night. Last year, FS beat Madisonville 62-6 in the second round. Last week, FS beat Logan County 55-19 with a running clock on the last play of the first half. Madisonville beat Hopkinsville 20-0 last week and defeated Logan County 21-17 during the regular season. Do the Maroons have a chance of pulling the upset?

Well, I thought the LC-FS game was gonna be closer then expected. Obviously it wasn't. Franklin is a team on a mission and they are literally running by teams right now. I wouldn't be shocked if Franklin did the exact same thing they did to Logan to Madisonville-NH. Franklin is just on another level right now. FS 49-14.

Excited to see this game since everyone has talked about how strong the other district was, and Franklin was the only team to survive after the 1st round. Tre Bass and Jeriah Hightower are the best running backs in all of 4A imo. Should be a game worth watching.

I don’t think many are saying that district was overly strong. They only had one team ranked in the BGP top 10 all year. MNH, Hoptown, and Logan all floated in the rankings at some point.

I don’t think many are saying that district was overly strong. They only had one team ranked in the BGP top 10 all year. MNH, Hoptown, and Logan all floated in the rankings at some point.

Overall District Two seems to have been the stronger district but Hoptown "floated" on the buoyancy of reputation and Logan on the buoyancy of big wins over less than stellar competition.

In the end the two #1 seeds will play for the Regional Championship. As it should be.